Advert

Latest

Two Giant Pandas Have Finally Mated For The First Time In 10 Years
published at21 minutes ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert

News

CCTV Footage Shows Man's Smartphone Explode in Pocket

CCTV Footage Shows Man's Smartphone Explode in Pocket

A man in India has been injured after his smartphone exploded in his pocket, as you can see in the footage below:

Advert

Captured on CCTV, the footage shows him working in a hardware factory with two other men, when suddenly an explosion can be seen occurring in his trouser pocket. He jumps up from his seat and frantically tries to get the phone away from him while smoke is pouring out.

After what seems like a lifetime, he manages to flick the phone from his pocket, where it lies on the floor, filling the room with smoke.

The three men then try to leave the workshop, in Mumbai, India, as quickly as possible, presumably worried the phone will do more damage. The man suffered burns to his leg - not ideal, but it could have been worse.

Man's smartphone explodes in pocket. Credit: SWNS
Man's smartphone explodes in pocket. Credit: SWNS

It's not the first time that smartphones have shown themselves to be potentially dangerous. Last year, a woman in East China experienced her phone bursting into flames on the dashboard of her car. It made for terrifying dash cam footage - in the video, the woman can be seen driving along when flames burst out of her Apple iPhone 6.

Next Up

1 of 6
Man Shocks The Internet By Sharing His Love For Tuna Pancakes
News

Man Shocks The Internet By Sharing His Love For Tuna Pancakes

Man Discovers Girlfriend Keeps Creepy Box Full Of His Old Possessions
Community

Man Discovers Girlfriend Keeps Creepy Box Full Of His Old Possessions

Brazilian Hulk Finally Agrees To MMA Fight Against The Iranian Hulk
News

Brazilian Hulk Finally Agrees To MMA Fight Against The Iranian Hulk

Candyman Pushes The Boundaries Once Again With 'The World's Biggest House Party'
Entertainment

Candyman Pushes The Boundaries Once Again With 'The World's Biggest House Party'

​Ex-Soldier Takes Down Robber And Pins Him To Floor With His Gun
News

​Ex-Soldier Takes Down Robber And Pins Him To Floor With His Gun

​Mysterious Lights Spotted In Waters Near British Seaside Town
News

​Mysterious Lights Spotted In Waters Near British Seaside Town

Advert

Clearly - and not surprisingly - panicking, the woman screams out but carries on driving as she's in the middle of traffic, and because the phone seems to have stopped burning.

Then, about 20 seconds later, the phone ignites again, but this time the flames keep on burning. The petrified woman gets out and begins screaming for help from nearby motorists and passers-by.

It turned out she had had her battery replaced at the Ho Ho Fast phone repair shop a couple of months before.

According to MailOnline, the Ho Ho Fast repair shop (aka 'Ji Hou Hou') is listed by Apple.com as being authorised to repair iPhones in Shanghai.

A Ji Hou Hou spokesperson told the newspaper that the matter was being dealt with Shanghai Consumers Association, adding that the company was in contact with the owners of the exploding phone - however, MailOnline adds that no explanation was offered as to why the battery had exploded.

The woman was thankfully unharmed, but it just goes to show that although the cheaper option may seem like the best bet, sometimes it's best to pay a bit extra for somewhere legit.

Featured Image Credit: SWNS

Topics: Phones and Gadgets, uk news, Technology

Amelia Ward

Amelia is a journalist at LADbible. After studying journalism at Liverpool John Moores and Salford Uni (don't ask), she went into PR and then the world of music. After a few years working on festivals and events, she went back to her roots. In her spare time, Amelia likes music, Liverpool FC, and spending good, quality time with her cat, Paul. You can contact Amelia at [email protected]