
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are set to move back to the UK later this month, according to reports.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex left the UK for the US six years ago, setting up home in Montecito, California.
However, according to The Telegraph, the family will be heading back to the UK for an ‘extended period’ later this month with Archie, seven, and Lilibet, five, enrolled in school for September.
News of the move comes a month after Prince Harry, 41, was back in Blighty for a reunion with his dad King Charles and Queen Camilla at their Highgrove residence.
Advert
Harry told his dad about the impending move on Sunday (16 August) and the King reportedly ‘welcomed’ the opportunity to see more of the family both in a private and personal capacity.

But their status will remain the same, with the couple not being offered a ‘half-in-half-out’ option when it comes to their roles.
This means, the Sussexes will return to the UK as non-working royals and will live in non-royal private residence.
It is also understood that Harry and Meghan will not receive any money from the public purse.
Harry was already scheduled to visit the UK to attend a WellChild Awards and it had been reported he’d be staying over at Buckingham Palace.
However, it now seems as though he won’t need to kip at his dad’s place as his family will already be over here and settled into their new home.
Their surprise return to the UK comes six years after Harry and Meghan announced they would be stepping down as working royals.
After the announcement was made, Prince Harry spoke of his ‘sadness’ at stepping down.
Speaking at a dinner for charity Sentebale in January 2020, he said: “The UK is my home and a place that I love. That will never change.

“I have grown up feeling support from so many of you, and I watched as you welcomed Meghan with open arms as you saw me find the love and happiness that I had hoped for all my life. Finally, the second son of Diana got hitched, hurray!
“I also know you’ve come to know me well enough over all these years to trust that the woman I chose as my wife upholds the same values as I do. And she does, and she’s the same woman I fell in love with.”
He said the decision to step down as a working royal wasn’t ‘taken lightly’ and came after ‘many months of talks after so many years of challenges’.
The Duke also stressed that he wasn’t ‘walking away’ and added: “But I hope that helps you understand what it had to come to, that I would step my family back from all I have ever known, to take a step forward into what I hope can be a more peaceful life.”
In 2025, Harry lost a legal battle to regular police protection while visiting the UK.
He told the BBC at the time that he worried it wouldn’t be safe to bring Meghan and their rarely-seen children over.
"I can't see a world in which I would be bringing my wife and children back to the UK at this point and the things they're going to miss is, well, everything," he said.
"You know I love my country, I always have done despite what some people in the country have done."
Topics: Prince Harry, UK News, Meghan Markle