• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now

Man Taken To Hospital With Ladder Stuck To Head After DIY Accident

Dominic Smithers

| Last updated 

Man Taken To Hospital With Ladder Stuck To Head After DIY Accident

Doctors and nurses are used to dealing with all manner of injuries and ailments. And medics in Turkey were recently presented with a man who had a ladder sticking out of his head.

Erkan Kacar, from Ilkadim, Samsun, was planning to do some renovations on his house when he suffered a little mishap.

The 43-year-old was reportedly stretching for some tools on a high shelf, and when he grappled for his gear, the ladder fell on his head.

It caused a sharp spike from the three-step ladder to become lodged in the top of his head.


Unable to remove it, Mr Kacar called for an ambulance to come and get him loose.

However, they too were unable to remove the sharp protrusion, so Mr Kacar had to be taken to hospital with the ladder still attached to his head.

Credit: Newsflash
Credit: Newsflash

Fortunately, though, the bumpy journey to the hospital caused the ladder to come loose, and Mr Kacar was finally able to free himself.


Mr Kacar told local media: "It is amazing. We could not take it out of my head, but it came loose itself during the ride. I am OK now."

Despite having been freed from the ladder, however, Mr Kacar was still taken to hospital to be checked over.

He was discharged later and is said to be in good health.

Doctors are used to being faced with the most bizarre cases.


For example, a man had to get a fish surgically removed from his rectum because he 'accidentally sat on' the animal.

The unnamed 30-year-old man was treated by staff at Zhaoqing First People's Hospital in China's southern province of Guangdong on 3 June last year.

Credit: AsiaWire
Credit: AsiaWire

Images of the animal and various x-rays show that regardless of the method, the fish was well and truly stuck up there.


CT scans revealed the full thing was stuck in the rectum, with the patient complaining of 'intense abdominal pain' that lasted over an hour, according to reports on 5 June.

When a nurse questioned him on it, the patient claimed he'd 'accidentally sat on' the fish, which then entered his body via his anus.

Of course. That must have been it.

The man had to have an emergency endoscopy, and images showed the skeleton of the fish (which was a Mozambique tilapia if you're interested) in his rectum.

Featured Image Credit: Newsflash

Topics: Turkey, Funny, Strange, doctors, Weird, Ambulance, Health

Dominic Smithers
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You


TV chef Tom Kerridge slammed over 'stingy' £35 fish and chips portion size

9 minutes ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

108-year-old woman says secret to long life was to have dogs and not children

a day ago