• iconNews
  • videos
  • entertainment
  • Home
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • Australia
    • Ireland
    • World News
    • Weird News
    • Viral News
    • Sport
    • Technology
    • Science
    • True Crime
    • Travel
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV & Film
    • Netflix
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • TikTok
  • LAD Originals
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • Lad Files
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Extinct
    • Citizen Reef
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube

LAD Entertainment

YouTube

LAD Stories

Submit Your Content
Martyn Ford 'Feels 21 Again' After Huge Weight Loss For Boxing Fight

Home> Sport

Published 11:20 13 Apr 2022 GMT+1

Martyn Ford 'Feels 21 Again' After Huge Weight Loss For Boxing Fight

Martyn Ford – aka the 'World's Scariest Man' – has said he feels ‘21 again’ after dropping a whopping 58lbs since October

Aisha Nozari

Aisha Nozari

Martyn Ford – aka the 'World's Scariest Man' – has said he feels ‘21 again’ after dropping an impressive 58lbs since October. 

Ford was set to face off against the Iranian Hulk this month, and while their showdown was shelved for now, Ford insisted he’s ‘still training hard’.

Sharing a before-and-after photo of his shredded physique on Tuesday, 12 April, the bodybuilder-turned-boxer added: “This is the healthiest I’ve felt in years.”

Showcasing his transformation, Ford wrote: "Lifting big a** weights v boxing. 360lbs v 302lbs. October I started this journey, and like anything I've done in life that I've really wanted to do, I've given absolutely everything and more. 

Advert

“This is by far the best and healthiest I've felt in years, getting back to feeling 21 again is insane."

Ford and the Iranian Hulk, real name Sajad Gharibi, were set to fight on 30 April at London’s O2 arena.

Martyn Ford - aka the 'World's Scariest Man' - has said he feels ‘21 again’ after dropping a whopping 58lbs since October.
Alamy

But on 4 April, Ford announced their match had been postponed, prompting Gharibi to threaten legal action.

Taking to Instagram, Gharibi told his 1.1million followers: “Today I heard Ford doesn't want to fight, it is not me [and] not any other fighters. 

Advert

“I never cancelled any fight between us but he doesn't want see me again! It is against the contract and my legal team have started looking at it.

"Actually 'pretty boy' can't ever fight, he just hides and runs away, he must have a permission from a women first. 

“I can't believe an opponent like him, it's shameful. This victory isn't an honour for me, it's a century joke not a century fight. [sic]"

A day earlier, Ford had pinned the blame on Gharibi’s team, declaring to his 3.9 million-strong following: "This is a statement I didn't want to have to release but unfortunately my fight is going to be postponed.

"The event is still on, it's just my fight. The event will still go ahead and there are some great people and fights on.

Advert

"Unfortunately mine won't be one of them, for reasons out of my control. It doesn't take a genius to figure them all out. I don't want to go down the route of talking about it; too much time and energy has been wasted.

"I'm still training hard, there will be a debut. There will be a fight, I'm just not 100 percent sure who, when or why, but it will happen."

'Iranian Hulk' - real named Sajad Gharibi.
Instagram/sajadgharibiofficial

Ford went on: “Naturally, I’m hugely disappointed my fight against Iranian Hulk will no longer be going ahead, particularly given the fact I have dedicated so much time to my training programme and doing everything to ensure I was in the best possible shape to headline the event.

“Although I will no longer be involved, I now look forward to attending the Boxstar Celebrity Boxing event as a fan, and showing my full support for those brave competitors who are taking part, some of whom will be competing in a boxing match for the first time in their lives.

Advert

“I would like to thank my fans for their continued support, and I hope to return to the ring in a competitive nature as soon as possible.”

They were meant to exchange blows at London's Boxstar Celebrity Boxing event, which is still going ahead as planned on 30 April with the likes of footballers Patrice Evra and Jamie O’Hara on the line up.

Featured Image Credit: martynfordofficial/Instagram

Topics: Boxing, Sport

Aisha Nozari
Aisha Nozari

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
2 days ago
3 days ago
  • Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLCJeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC
    7 hours ago

    Dana White confirms White House UFC event 'is on' despite people calling out 'trashy' event

    White and Trump have promised a different type of event for the 4th of July

    News
  • USTAUSTA
    8 hours ago

    Heartwarming ending to viral video of shocking moment between man and child at tennis match

    Kamil Majchrzak responded after the match, and fans are pleased with the outcome

    News
  • Jun Sato/WireImageJun Sato/WireImage
    2 days ago

    Rampage Jackson hits out at racists after son Raja leaves Syko Stu in critical care

    The former UFC champ called out the hate he's been receiving since his son's violent attack on wrestler Syko Stu

    News
  • GoFundMe/Contessa PattersonGoFundMe/Contessa Patterson
    3 days ago

    Syko Stu's wife hits out at 'unscripted assault' by Raja Jackson as fundraiser launched

    The wrestler and US Army veteran's wife has called out the vicious attack on a GoFundMe page set up to help cover his recovery expenses

    News
  • Irish boxer John Cooney dies after suffering brain injury in championship fight
  • Former Olympic Swimmer James Magnussen going for World Record at Enhanced Games on steroids 'feels 18 again'
  • Mike Tyson gave honest answer when asked if Jake Paul loss would be end of boxing career
  • Lizzo explains simple lifestyle changes that caused her huge weight loss after denying she uses Ozempic