Advert

Latest

7 minutes ago
Advert
34 minutes ago
Advert

Most Popular

10 hours ago
Advert

Gender Reveal Party Goes Very Wrong For Dad-To-Be

Gender Reveal Party Goes Very Wrong For Dad-To-Be

Gender reveal parties are growing in popularity, and with that we're seeing more and more incidents of them going horribly wrong.

One US fella who found this out first-hand is Parker Stuard who had an unfortunate incident during the gender reveal he and his girlfriend organised for their unborn baby.

Advert

Thankfully for us, the moment was caught on camera.

The clip shows the excited couple attempt to set off some party poppers filled with coloured powder - blue to represent a boy or pink for a girl.

While girlfriend Micah appears to struggle to get hers to explode, Parker has no such trouble and it quickly releases a puff of blue smoke. It's a boy! Congratulations, etc.

But if you look closely at the video, you'll see that the other end of the party popper somehow fires out and hits Parker right in the baby makers. Ouch.

Advert
This gender reveal party backfired, literally. Credit: Viral Hog
This gender reveal party backfired, literally. Credit: Viral Hog

Micah decided it was too good not to share, so popped it on Facebook where it quickly went viral.

It seems as though Parker did see the funny side, though, joking: "Guess we're never having kids again."

This isn't the first time a gender reveal has gone horribly wrong - last year, a couple of parents-to-be caused a massive 47,000-acre wildfire that cost $8 million (£6.2m) to tackle. Not ideal.

Expectant dad Dennis Dickey and his wife gathered some pals and headed to the Coronado National Forest, Arizona.

The couple decided to do their big reveal by having Dickey shoot an arrow at a target that was, once again, filled with coloured powder.

However, added to the powder was a substance called Tannerite, which is perfectly legal in the US, but is also very explosive.

As sparks flew from the target the nearby, heavily parched, grass quickly caught alight and the fire spread. Fast.

The incident, which happened in April 2017, resulted in 800 firefighters being called as the fire burned for almost two weeks.

Dickey ended up in court, where he said: "It was a complete accident. I feel absolutely horrible about it. It was probably one of the worst days of my life."

He pleaded guilty to starting the fire and, according to a statement, agreed to pay $8,188,069 (£6,451,461) in restitution. He was also handed five years' probation and told he would have to appear in a public service announcement for US Forest Service about the blaze.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, it's a boy.

Featured Image Credit: Viral Hog

Topics: Viral, Funny

Claire Reid

Claire is a journalist at LADbible who, after dossing around for a few years, went to Liverpool John Moores University. She graduated with a degree in Journalism and a whole load of debt. When not writing words in exchange for money she is usually at home watching serial killer documentaries surrounded by cats. You can contact Claire at [email protected]

 

Next Up

This Woman Went From A Minimum Wage Job To Earning £92,000 Per Year

This Woman Went From A Minimum Wage Job To Earning £92,000 Per Year

5 months ago