ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Suits star is brutally honest after being asked why Meghan Markle didn't join cast at Golden Globes
Home>Entertainment>Celebrity
Published 14:27 8 Jan 2024 GMT

Suits star is brutally honest after being asked why Meghan Markle didn't join cast at Golden Globes

The stars of the hit legal series reunited at the Golden Globes, but the Duchess of Sussex did not join them.

Olivia Burke

Olivia Burke

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The cast of the cut-throat legal drama Suits strutted their stuff at the Golden Globes last night, but one royal star was noticeably missing from the red carpet reunion.

A-listers were out in force on Sunday night for the glitzy award show at The Beverly Hilton, giving Hollywood's elite the chance to catch up with their old pals and colleagues.

Much to the delight of Suits fans, some of our favourite faces from the popular series attended the 81st annual awards ceremony - including Patrick J. Adams (Mike Ross), Gabriel Macht (Harvey Specter), Gina Torres (Jessica Pearson) and Sarah Rafferty (Donna Paulsen).

Advert

Viewers weren't the only ones excited to see the gang back together, as Torres - who played the tough-talking managing partner at the fictional law firm - revealed their group chat had been buzzing about it too.

During a chat with reporter Marc Malkin on the red carpet, the actress said: "Well, when it all came through we were texting each other. Our text thread is insane right now, it's exciting."

The interviewer then pressed Torres about her former co-star, Meghan Markle, who announced she would not be reprising her role of Rachel Zane shortly before revealing her engagement to Prince Harry in 2017.

Malkin asked: "Who texted Meghan and said 'you've got to come to the Golden Globes!'"

Instead of fluffing up an answer, Torres was brutally honest about the reason behind the cast's lack of communication with the Duchess of Sussex.

The cast of Suits reunited at the Golden Globes on Sunday.
Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

Just like her character Jessica Pearson, Torres didn't mince her words.

She responded: "We don’t have her number. We just don’t."

Adams and Macht were both presenting at the star-studded ceremony and were later joined on stage by Torres and Rafferty to deliver the award for Outstanding Drama Series, which HBO hit show Succession took home.

Despite Markle supposedly leaving the chat, Torres reassured Suits fans there was no animosity between them.

The Hannibal star, 54, added: "She'll see, she'll watch. She'll be happy that we're here."

Adams, who played the smooth talking protagonist Mike Ross in Suits, also gave some insight into the cast's texting habits while at the Golden Globes.

Meghan Markle starred as Rachel Zane in the show, but is no longer a part of their group chat.
PA

He said: "Mostly, I’m just trying to get Gabriel to respond. Honestly, he’s slow on the text and he has like six different numbers now because he lives in England. So, we’re just trying to find out which number works."

Markle and her husband Prince Harry also came up in conversation during Jo Koy's controversial opening monologue, which has received mixed reviews.

He made a veiled jab at the 'rich, white and dysfunctional' Royal Family, before zoning in on the couple.

Koy told the crowd: "Succession has nine nominations. Just a great series about a rich, white, dysfunctional family, all scheming -- oh, wait, that's The Crown. I'm sorry."

The comedian then took a swipe at the Sussexes about their pricey Netflix deal, saying: "Harry and Meghan Markle got paid millions for doing absolutely nothing. And that's just by Netflix."

I bet Markle's phone has been buzzing today.

Featured Image Credit: Variety/Golden Globes

Topics: Meghan Markle, TV and Film, Golden Globes, Prince Harry, Celebrity

Olivia Burke
Olivia Burke

Olivia is a journalist at LADbible Group with more than five years of experience and has worked for a number of top publishers, including News UK. She also enjoys writing food reviews (as well as the eating part). She is a stereotypical reality TV addict, but still finds time for a serious documentary.

X

@livburke_

Recommended reads

Jeremy Clarkson issues health update after being left ‘days from death’Prime VideoDisturbing reason why Chris Watts keeps photos of his murdered wife and daughters in his prison cellFacebookHero Maldives rescue diver shares chilling ‘shark cave’ details as he rejects leading theory over deathsInstagramVenezuela Fury’s bridesmaid ‘clarifies’ post after facing backlash for selling dressTikTok

Advert

Choose your content:

21 mins ago
an hour ago
5 hours ago
8 hours ago
  • Prime Video
    21 mins ago

    Jeremy Clarkson issues health update after being left ‘days from death’

    Between experiencing brutal side effects from weight loss jabs and his brush with death the Top Gear legend has had a lot on his plate

    Entertainment
  • TikTok
    an hour ago

    Venezuela Fury’s bridesmaid ‘clarifies’ post after facing backlash for selling dress

    Libby Peat previously joked that she 'needed the cash to buy outfits for Ascot'

    Entertainment
  • Instagram/Mackenzie Shirilla
    5 hours ago

    Footage of Mackenzie Shirilla's crash route reveals crucial detail that proves her guilt

    Shirilla claims that she had a 'medical incident' which caused her to pass out and crash, but this is disproven by footage of the route

    Entertainment
  • Hulu
    8 hours ago

    Mackenzie Shirilla doc has 'way more detail' than The Crash and convinces her murder was intentional

    There are two other documentaries which include multiple details about Mackenzie's case not included in the Netflix doc

    Entertainment
  • Suits star gave brutal answer when asked why Meghan Markle didn’t join reunion
  • Meghan Markle returning to acting eight years after leaving Suits
  • Inside the $1,000,000 Golden Globes 2026 gift bag that actors will receive
  • Meghan Markle shows rare look at children Archie and Lilibet’s faces in new video