To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
The cat-astrophe ended up causing thousands of pounds' worth of damage to the house in Hull, and took place whilst the owner had popped out to the shops.
Twenty-six-year-old project co-ordinator Jasmin Stork only went out for half an hour, but returned to find a huge torrent of water pouring through her living room ceiling.
She instantly realised that the problem had been caused by her cat, a one-year-old Bengal called Amber.
Amber had recently learned to use the sink, and had been filmed using it by Jasmin and her partner Rob just days earlier.
Little did they know at the time that it would all end in tears, because she'd also learned to use the plug, as well.
Jasmin explained: "I knew as soon as I walked into the living room what had happened. I ran upstairs and the tap was on full and water was overflowing the sink. It was everywhere.
"Amber thought it was great. She was sat in the kitchen doorway into the living room, tapping her paws away in the water merrily like it was great fun. No remorse whatsoever."
"I was only popping to the shop on my lunch so it didn't even occur to me that the bathroom door was open, because she had just been sleeping all morning and I hadn't heard a peep!!
"I was about 30 minutes, and on the phone to my mum as I got back home, who I am sure could no doubt hear the horror in my voice when I opened the front door to my living room pouring with water.
"I'm just thankful I was only gone 30 minutes and not out at work all day, or it would have been a lot worse!"
She continued: "We're still drying out some stuff, so we don't yet know how much the damage will cost to fix.
"The ceiling hasn't fallen through which is a blessing. We live in an old cottage style house so the water was dripping through the wooden boards.
"It will be a case of replacing the flooring that we have had to rip up.
"To replace everything, I think it'll cost thousands. Obviously, we'll need to replace the floor in the living room and bathroom.
"But we also need to sort the hallway floor outside the bathroom and get new units and fittings for in there too."
Since the incident, the video of Amber learning how to use the tap has been viewed more than 140,000 times on TikTok.
Jasmin explained: "The week before this happened, I came home from work to the upstairs tap running but luckily this time the plug wasn't in.
"I was so confused as to why it was on. Then the next day, I was in the bathroom and Amber came in and jumped up on the sink and started chewing the tap.
"I started recording as I thought straight away that was the reason the tap was on! At this point, we thought it was funny. We even joked about the new 'trick' she had learned."
"The next day I caught her at it again, but first playing with the plug so that it actually closed - we were saying how lucky it was that I was in and was able to stop it.
"From this point we made a conscious effort to close the door behind us until the day I worked from home."
It's a case of sod's law that the one time you forget to do something is the time that it results in a complete flooding and thousands of pounds' worth of damage.
Still, that's one clever cat.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read