• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

Horrified family say they were 'electrocuted' while on holiday at Butlin's

Lisa McLoughlin

Published 
| Last updated 

Horrified family say they were 'electrocuted' while on holiday at Butlin's

Featured Image Credit: Cornwall Live

A Cornwall family has claimed they were ‘electrocuted’ on the first night of their Butlin’s holiday. Watch their experience below:

Loading…

Katarzyna and David Baldock booked in for a stay at the Minehead resort in July with their daughter and her friend.

From the outset the trip didn’t get off on the right foot after the Baldocks first complained about the cleanliness of their room.

However, things took a turn for the worse hours after their arrival when at 9.30pm Katarzyna claims to have experienced the worst electric shock of her life when she went to switch off a bedroom light.

She added that her wheelchair-using husband experienced a similar shock moments later from the toilet switch.

Following the incident, Katarzyna claimed the group were left outside for hours waiting for new accommodation, despite their efforts to contact staff.

However Butlin’s have countered this claim, explaining that an electrician arrived ‘within the hour’ to investigate the problem, while the Baldocks were moved to ‘different accommodation for the remainder of their break’ while Cornwall Live have reported that no electrical faults were found at the chalet.

Despite this, the furious holidaymaker said she was left feeling ‘disgusted’ after they were forced to sit outside their chalet block and claimed there was also fresh blood splattered across the walls.

Katarzyna, who works as a cleaner, said: "I went to turn the light off and I got a massive electric shock. It was a proper one.

The Baldocks claim they were left waiting outside for hours while a new chalet was organised for them. Credit: Cornwall Live/BPM MEDIA
The Baldocks claim they were left waiting outside for hours while a new chalet was organised for them. Credit: Cornwall Live/BPM MEDIA

"One of those that pull you in. The light was still going after and wouldn’t stop flickering and stuff. That was scary and there was no caregiving."

The mum also admitted the experience frightened her autistic daughter so much she couldn’t sleep in their new chalet after the incident.

In light of the claims, a spokesperson for Butlin’s told Cornwall Live: "We’re sorry for the Baldock family’s experience with us on resort recently.

"Safety is our top priority and where an issue does arise, our team work hard to ensure that it is dealt with as quickly as possible.

Katarzyna also claimed there was fresh blood on the walls of their chalet. Credit: Cornwall Live/BPM MEDIA
Katarzyna also claimed there was fresh blood on the walls of their chalet. Credit: Cornwall Live/BPM MEDIA

"Once reported, our on-resort electrician was inspecting their accommodation within the hour. In order for a full electrical inspection to be conducted, we moved the family to different accommodation for the remainder of their break and apologised for any inconvenience caused.

"We have been in contact with the Baldock family directly to discuss the issues raised in more detail."

LADbible has contacted Butlin’s for futher comment.

Topics: UK News, Travel

Lisa McLoughlin
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Community

Google Maps captures woman standing in exactly the same spot nine years apart

2 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Stacey Solomon says British people shouldn't be forced to give their money to the Royal Family

8 hours ago