ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Home>News
Published 20:07 20 Jun 2023 GMT+1

Family accused of fleeing restaurant without paying £215 bill for Father's Day meal and cocktails

A Cornish restaurant has accused a family of leaving its eatery without paying a £215 bill

Callum Jones

Callum Jones

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Home>News
Published 20:07 20 Jun 2023 GMT+1

Family accused of fleeing restaurant without paying £215 bill for Father's Day meal and cocktails

A Cornish restaurant has accused a family of leaving its eatery without paying a £215 bill

Callum Jones

Callum Jones

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The Sunday just gone was Father's Day, meaning a lot of us would have taken our dads out for some celebratory grub.

But while the bill is usually handed to the offspring on Father's Day, this one particular family have been accused of having no intentions to pay at all.

The Fisherman's Arms in Newlyn near Penzance in Cornwall has accused four people of walking off after indulging in a three-course meal and cocktails.

Advert

Taking to Twitter, the restaurant claims the total bill came to £215 - which certainly isn't the cheapest afternoon's tea, is it?

The restaurant have accused the family of walking out without paying.
Twitter/@ArmsFisherman

The manager of The Fisherman's Arms has been doing the media rounds today, including speaking to The Mirror where she claimed one of the men approached the bar and asked how much the bill had come to.

"One of them came up to the bar, had a look at the bill and said the women were in the toilet," she said.

"He said they were going out for a cigarette and would come back to settle up, but they left.

"The women weren't in the toilet, they had already left."

Lucy went on to say the alleged incident is actually the first time the restaurant has missed out on money from customers, though it has only been open in lovely Cornwall for seven months.

She continued: "They are not from round here, you want to trust people, but this wasn't an accidental walk-off.

"You can see one of the men shushing the other as they walk away on the CCTV."

After seeing the CCTV footage released by the restaurant itself on Twitter, many have flocked to the comment section of the post to give their thoughts.

CCTV footage of the incident has been released.
Twitter/@ArmsFisherman

"I hope this goes round every establishment in the area so the can't get served again," one person said.

Meanwhile, others applauded the establishment for releasing the video so that the accused can be questioned by police.

In a statement, Devon and Cornwall Police said: “Police are aware of an incident where it is alleged that a group of people left The Fisherman’s Arms in Newlyn without paying their bill, late afternoon on Sunday 18 June.

“Enquiries continue into this matter. Anyone with any information that could assist the police is asked to contact 101 quoting case reference 50230172827.”

Just hours before the CCTV footage, The Fisherman's Arms tweeted how its head chef had prepared some of the finest foods for Father's Day harbour views.

Featured Image Credit: @ArmsFisherman/Twitter

Topics: News, UK News, Crime, Food And Drink

Callum Jones
Callum Jones

Recommended reads

Three Virgin Island participants lost their virginity during last night's finale Channel 4Five people, including two suspects, dead after shooting at San Diego mosque Getty Inside Venezuela Fury’s new home with Noah Price as she moves out of family’s mansion into ‘chalet’(TikTok/@venezuelaffury)Foreign Office issues statement after Katie Price's husband declared 'missing person' Instagram/@wesleeeandrews

Advert

Choose your content:

4 hours ago
9 hours ago
10 hours ago
12 hours ago
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    Five people, including two suspects, dead after shooting at San Diego mosque

    San Diego police have said the incident is being treated as a hate crime

    News
  • Adrian Dennis / AFP via Getty Images
    9 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola 'set to leave' Man City this week after FA cup victory

    The beloved football manager is reportedly departing at the end of the week

    News
  • United States Attorney's Office
    10 hours ago

    Tourist who got beat up for throwing rocks at beloved seal explains why he did it

    Igor Lytvynchuk is facing up to one year in prison and fines up to $50,000

    News
  • RJ Sangosti - Pool/Getty Images
    12 hours ago

    Chris Watts' prison pen pal gives disturbing theory on why he murdered wife and two daughters

    A judge described the killings as perhaps 'the most inhumane and vicious crime' he had seen.

    News
  • Key evidence in court as woman accused of killing ex-husband's family with 'death mushrooms' in meal
  • 'World's oldest family' have eaten exact same meal every day that even experts swear by
  • Death row inmate ordered biggest ever final meal that was huge 29,000 calories
  • ICE agents ate lunch at Mexican restaurant and then detained employees after