Firefighters Called To Rescue Boy Who Got His Head Stuck In Cat's Scratch Post
Firefighters got a very bizarre call from a distressed American mum last week.
There wasn't a burning building or a locked door or even a cat stuck in a tree, instead Cynthia Olson's son had stuck his head in their cat's scratch post.
The 32-year-old mum had only left Parker alone for a few minutes and came back to find the four-year-old had pushed his head through a hole and couldn't get out of the homemade podium.
Thankfully the boy wasn't hurt, but she didn't know what to do so called her local fire brigade and they rushed to the rescue.
The Wisconsin local said: "I have no idea what he was doing - I'm so baffled. He's a boy so he's into everything!
"I walked out to the garage to get something and I started hearing some screaming, so I headed in and my middle child Evelyn screamed that Parker was hurt so naturally I start ed to run.
"I walk in the house and everybody's screaming. My older daughter is in tears and Parker's screaming bloody murder!
"I'm just praying for no broken bones today. Parker has broken two bones already and is a bit accident prone - it runs in the blood!
"So then I walked into the bedroom where he was screaming and his head was really wedged in there. But I couldn't get his head out!.
"I tried wiggling him so I could try and wedge his head back through, but I am a bit vertically challenged and it's a homemade cat post that's almost 6ft tall!
More Like ThisMore Like This
"It's taller than me and weighs over 75 pounds and I couldn't tip it because of the way his neck was."
Parker's older sister Marley was there to calm him down and Cynthia wedged a smartphone into the podium so that he could watch a movie and distract himself from his predicament.
The mum was delighted when the firies arrived as they would have the knowhow to get Parker free.
"The firemen came in and asked 'is somebody stuck?', so I brought them into the bedroom and they immediately started chuckling," she said
"Three firemen came with their chief, so there were four professionals there, and they were all giggling! They even brought about a gallon of dish soap to try and slide him out - it was just too funny!
"All I could think was; 'Of course this is happening!', so had to start taking pictures."
Thankfully, the whole ordeal was over in 10 minutes and he was able to go back to life as normal.
Cynthia added: "The scratching post is made of platforms, so it's really a four-storey cat playground, but unsurprisingly we didn't see any of the four cats during the commotion! Once they got him free they started tickling him, they did a phenomenal job!
"When they were all done they offered for all my three kids to come outside and take some pictures with the fire truck, it was such a good experience.
"Everybody they meet, particularly these days, is either sick or hurt so I think it gave them a wonderful smile for the day!"
Featured Image Credit: SWNS
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read