To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
Featured Image Credit: Austrian Police
A man has been taken to hospital after he was bitten 'in the genital area' by a snake while going to the bathroom.
While Australians in some regions would be familiar with checking the toilet to ensure there isn't anything lurking in the bowl, that practice is hardly commonplace in Austria.
But Austrians might think twice about sitting down to do their business after what happened to a 65-year-old man.
The bloke from the southern city of Graz popped a squat on the toilet at his apartment and quickly felt a sharp pain in his downstairs area.
He leapt into the air when he felt the 'pinch' and turned around to find its source: a five-foot albino python.
It wasn't a totally mysterious python either as the serpent belonged to the 65-year-old's neighbour and it had escaped from its enclosure.
The albino python is one of 11 non-venomous snakes owned by the 24-year-old Austrian bloke and he had no clue the slithering creature had got out until the toilet incident.
Pythons thankfully aren't venomous, however the man was taken to hospital for treatment for the bite as medics were worried the wound could become infected from the toilet water.
The snake also didn't suffer any harm during the watery encounter and it was cleaned off and returned to its owner. Questioned are being asked about how the snake managed to travel from one flat to the other.
The case has been referred to prosecutors for negligent bodily harm, according to the Daily Mail, however, it's unclear whether the snake owner will be charged with anything.
As that investigation is pending, the 24-year-old has also been referred to animal services for having a large number of snakes inside his home.
Expert Werner Stangl said in 40 years of dealing with reptiles he had not seen anything like this.