Meghan Markle nowhere to be seen as royals gather at Balmoral after Queen's death
| Last updated
The BBC's royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell said on air: "She might not be terribly warmly welcomed, to be perfectly candid about it."
This was in stark contrast to journalist Omid Scobie, thought to be a close family friend of Meghan and Harry, who reported a few hours earlier that the couple would be travelling to Scotland.
A Sussex spokesman confirms that Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex will be traveling to Scotland.— Omid Scobie (@scobie) September 8, 2022
However, Withcell claimed that Markle would remain in London tonight after a last0minute 'change of plan', as per the Daily Mail.
Royal Correspondent author and broadcaster Katie Nicholl also told ET that Meghan reportedly was not invited to join the family in Balmoral.
She added: "She has said she will go to Balmoral another time. But I think it is quite significant that Prince Harry travelled to Balmoral on his own without his wife."
People Magazine reported that the Duchess of Sussex, Kate Middleton, also didn't travel to Scotland alongside her husband as she was spotted in England picking up her children from school.
Following Her Majesty’s passing, Harry and Meghan issued a joint statement via their website 'Archewell', with a black tile that read: “In loving memory of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II,” the page read, adding the dates of her life, “1926-2022.”
As reports circulate that Markle was not welcome to join the Royal Family as they joined the Queen in her final moments, Meghan’s recent comments about the Royals might have something to do with it.
She told the outlet: "There’s literally a structure by which if you want to release photos of your child, as a member of the family, you first have to give them to the Royal Rota."
But this didn’t sit right with the Suits actor.
She added: "Why would I give the very people that are calling my children the N-word a photo of my child before I can share it with the people that love my child?"
She added: "You tell me how that makes sense and then I’ll play that game."
Journalist Allison P. Davis claimed that Meghan ''remarked upon how, if Archie were in school in the UK, she’d never be able to do school pick-up and drop-off without it being a royal photo call with a press pen of 40 people snapping pictures'.
However, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge disproved that point earlier in the week.
The beaming parents arrived at the new school of Prince George, Princess Charlotte for a 'taster' day .
According to news.com.au's Royal writer Daniela Elser, there was only a designated camera person, photographer, and reporter present.