ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Mike Tyson Wants $1 Billion To Take On YouTuber Jake Paul In Boxing Ring
Home>Entertainment
Updated 22:19 21 Mar 2022 GMTPublished 22:15 21 Mar 2022 GMT

Mike Tyson Wants $1 Billion To Take On YouTuber Jake Paul In Boxing Ring

The legendary boxer says it would take a lot for him to step into the ring with his friend.

Rachel Lang

Rachel Lang

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Mike Tyson has revealed just how much money he would want to receive to step into the ring against YouTuber-cum-boxer Jake Paul.

Fights like that don't come around very often and there could be tens of millions offered for an event of this calibre.

But the legendary boxer wants a cool billion.

There have been rumours swirling that 'Iron Mike' could face off against Paul, however he's yet to see anything official from his team.

During the latest episode of Mike Tyson's Hotboxin' podcast, the former champion was asked about the potential showdown.

Advert

He replied: "Nobody told me that. Hey, I ain't got no f**king money. So where's the f**king contract?"

Tyson then went on to explain his friendly relationship with the YouTuber, insisting he knows 'nothing' about a potential Vegas fight.

"Listen, I've been smoking with [Paul] forever, I did some shrooms with him as well. But I've never heard this," Tyson said.

"I was with him in St. Barts not too long ago partying and he never told me this.

"I've never heard this from nobody, I've just heard this from you guys."

But, despite not being aware of a potential match, he was well prepared in what fee he would accept if the offer to fight Paul actually comes through.

"A billion bucks," Tyson said.

A fight with a $1 billion price tag would be unprecedented, with that the most successful pay-per-view fight in history being 2015's Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao, which made over $400 million.

But the Logan brothers are proving they are contenders in the ring, with Logan Paul taking on Floyd Mayweather last year and he managed to live to tell the tale.

Jake took on UFC fighters Ben Askren and Tyron Woodley and won.

Out of any other boxers in 2021, the two Paul brothers reportedly hold the highest spots for Pay Per View (PPV) sales at a massive $2.7 million buys.

What more can I say? @jakepaul with @MikeTyson pic.twitter.com/9GGYMFEptl

— Lord Ron 🦀 (@Ron5817) January 1, 2022

But despite the huge cost of the Paul vs Tyson fight totally out of the question, it is doubtful Iron Mike will ever fight again.

He even said so after negotiations with Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield fell through.

Mike Tyson, who was once the undisputed heavyweight world champion, retired from professional fighting in 2005, but did pop the boxing gloves back on in 2020 exhibition match with Roy Jones Jr.

That fight ended in a draw and everyone wanted to know who the next contender would be.

Who knows whether it will be Jake Paul but organisers will need to front up some serious cash if they want it to happen.

Featured Image Credit: Px Images/Allstar Picture Library Limited/Alamy

Topics: Mike Tyson, Jake Paul, Boxing, Sport

Rachel Lang
Rachel Lang

Rachel Lang is a Digital Journalist at LADbible. During her career, she has interviewed Aussie PM Malcolm Turnbull in the lead up to the 2016 federal election, ran an editorial campaign on the war in Yemen, and reported on homelessness in the lead-up to Harry and Meghan’s wedding in Windsor. She also once wrote a yarn on the cheese and wine version of Fyre Festival.

X

@rlangjournalist

Recommended reads

Akon shares details of 'rules' for multiple partners in polyamorous relationshipGetty Images/ Per Ole Hagen/RedfernsFitness community reacts as Gabriel Ganley reported dead aged 22YouTube/@g_ganleyDeath row inmate has 'excruciating' execution after last meal 'mistake'Kansas Department of CorrectionsAlex Scott emotional during last Football Focus as previous names return for farewellBBC

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty Images/ Per Ole Hagen/Redferns
    an hour ago

    Akon shares details of 'rules' for multiple partners in polyamorous relationship

    The Lonely singer was speaking on the We Need To Talk podcast about having more than one wife.

    Entertainment
  • YouTube/@g_ganley
    2 hours ago

    Fitness community reacts as Gabriel Ganley reported dead aged 22

    The Brazilian was well-known by fans as Bbzinho with over 2 million followers, having gone viral for a 500kg leg press

    Entertainment
  • HBO
    3 hours ago

    New Harry Potter series teaser has fans 'tearing up' as 'great things' expected of Harry

    It may be quick, but the new glimpse of HBO's TV adaptation shows Dominic McLaughlin ready for a Quidditch match at Hogwarts

    Entertainment
  • Ilya S. Savenok/Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Ozzy Osbourne to be resurrected as an AI Hologram

    Plans have been announced to release an AI-powered hologram of the late singer

    Entertainment
  • Anthony Joshua responds to Tyson Fury's $1 million bet that Jake Paul knocks him out
  • Jake Paul accused of ‘killing boxing’ after 'staged' fight
  • Controversial rules Jake Paul vs Anthony Joshua fight will be under as it's 'confirmed' by insider
  • Jake Paul receives 'indefinite' boxing ban after Anthony Joshua jaw break