To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
Shocking footage shows the dramatic moment a pair of newlyweds plunged 12ft to the ground after making a theatrical entrance to their wedding on a huge swing.
The couple entered their wedding in Raipur, located in Chhattisgarh in central India, on a circular swing hoisted 12ft into the air - complete with fireworks, no less.
But things didn't exactly go to plan, after something holding the podium snapped and it twisted to one side – in turn sending the duo plummeting to the floor in front of their shocked guests at the weekend (Sunday 12 December).
The couple are believed to have sustained minor injuries in the incident, but thankfully they were able to continue with the ceremony 30 minutes later.
According to Joe, the event management company that organised the event apologised for the incident, with an employee for the firm saying the accident had occurred during the Sangeet ceremony - a night of singing and dancing held a few days before the wedding itself.
Citing 'technical issues', the employee explained: "No one suffered injuries in the incident. The bride and the groom are safe.”
They added that the company will ensure such incidents don't occur again in the future.
The clip appeared on social media, where some users compared the stunt to a ‘circus show’.
“Why all this show????” one person asked.
Another added: “I don't know why show off needs nowadays in marriages. Nowadays Marriages should be done under supervision of stunt masters... doctors...”
A third said: “Empathise with the couple, but on a serious note what's the need of that acrobatic stuff.”
Recently, another couple faced their own series of unfortunate events at their wedding when the bride ended up fainting, vomiting and even being pooed on by a baby.
Blushing bride Hollee Lynnea-Kolenda Darnell posted a chaotic TikTok video earlier this month, with the clip showing her gripping her groom Jackson's hands tightly as the two of them start to exchange vows, signalling to him that she'd suddenly fallen ill just as their pastor began to officiate their holy matrimony under an outdoor gazebo in Florida.
Then all of a sudden she collapses into her husband-to-be's arms, and everything starts to go a bit pear-shaped.
"I kept trying to tell my husband I didn't feel good and he thought I was joking," Darnell, 23, captioned the clip.
"My baby nephew then pooped on my dress right after while I was puking."
"Are you OK?" Jackson asked after he and the pastor caught Darnell's fall and began fanning her face. She shook her head to say 'No', then stumbled over to the railing of the gazebo, where she began heaving.
Darnell went on to clarify the situation in a later clip, adding: "I was super dehydrated, and I hadn't drank or ate anything all day."
She also went on to reveal that she's prone to passing out and had previously been diagnosed with low blood pressure and low iron, joking that her conditions had thus rendered her 'doomed from the start'.
And if that wasn't bad enough, Darnell then revealed that wasn't even the only incident involving a bodily fluid on her wedding day.
"After I passed out ... My sister had a fan on my baby nephew, so she came over to me to put that fan on me, and as she was holding my nephew he starts pooping," she said. "And the poop goes down her arm and onto my dress."
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read