Advert

Latest

5 minutes ago
Advert
9 minutes ago
Advert

Most Popular

5 hours ago
Advert

Little Boy Tests Positive For Meth After Going Trick Or Treating

Little Boy Tests Positive For Meth After Going Trick Or Treating

A horrified US mum has spoken out to warn others after her little boy tested positive for meth after going trick or treating.

Five-year-old Braylen Pence had a seizure and was rushed into hospital after he accidentally ate some of the drug while knocking on people's doors for sweets with his dad.

Advert

Urine tests showed that he had methamphetamine, or meth, in his system.

His mum Julia, 25, from Mount Gilead, Ohio, says she arrived at the hospital to find her son 'disorientated and aggressive'.

Credit: SWNS
Credit: SWNS

Julia said: "He was disorientated. He didn't know who he was or where he was.

"You could tell at the hospital that he was real high from whatever he ingested. He was really wired and kind of aggressive."

Advert

Braylen had been out trick or treating with his dad Cambray Carwell for around an hour-and-a-half, before they returned home, and he had a seizure.

"When they came inside, my son had a seizure and he couldn't feel his left arm," Julia explained.

"Cambray took him to Galion Hospital and doctors gave him a CT scan and checked his urine. It tested positive for methamphetamine."

Braylen spent seven hours in hopsital under observation before he was allowed to go home.

Both parents say they have struggled with addiction in the past but are now sober. They are speaking out now to try and warn other parents.

Julia said: "You never expect something like that to happen to your child. I just hope that we can find out where it came from.

"I will never let my kids go trick or treating again."

A set of plastic teeth the little boy was wearing as well as the sweets he'd collected have now been taken by cops for testing.

Credit: SWNS
Credit: SWNS

Julia added: "The candy and the teeth are going to a crime lab. We are waiting for the toxicology report.

"I want to warn other mothers to be aware of what their kids are being given when they go trick or treating."

In a Facebook post the mum thanked pals for their support, writing: "Thank you for those who have spread the word, your concerns for my son and the positive feedback.

"I never thought this would happen to my child, but this is real and there are sick people in this world.

"I'm counting my blessings because it could have been a lot worse or something stronger.

Credit: SWNS
Credit: SWNS

"My baby sure has been a trooper through this whole thing."

Galion Police Chief Brian Saterfield said: "This is an oddity. This is not something that happens all the time."

Featured Image Credit: SWNS

Topics: US News, halloween, Drugs

Claire Reid

Claire is a journalist at LADbible who, after dossing around for a few years, went to Liverpool John Moores University. She graduated with a degree in Journalism and a whole load of debt. When not writing words in exchange for money she is usually at home watching serial killer documentaries surrounded by cats. You can contact Claire at [email protected]

 

Next Up

Vegetarian Restaurant Customers Find Pieces Of Human Flesh In Food

Vegetarian Restaurant Customers Find Pieces Of Human Flesh In Food

a year ago