Advert

Latest

2 hours ago
Advert
3 hours ago
Advert

Most Popular

a day ago
Advert

Man Electrocuted After Falling Asleep Playing Games On Devices

Man Electrocuted After Falling Asleep Playing Games On Devices

WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING CONTENT

A gamer was electrocuted to death, having been found lying next to two phones and a handheld games console.

Advert

Sastra Mo-in, 25, had played online multiplayer games on the devices while in bed at his home in Chonburi, Thailand, on the night of Friday 27 September.

One of the smartphones had been plugged in to the mains with a charging cable, while another of them had headphones attached.

Credit: Viral Press
Credit: Viral Press

Sastra is believed to have fallen asleep while he was in the middle of playing games, and was electrocuted as he slept.

Police arrived and inspected the body, but confirmed that the young man was already dead.

Advert

Rescue workers then took his body for a post-mortem examination, before making way for traditional burial services to take over.

Police said they were not treating Sastra's death as suspicious, and have not opened an investigation into the incident.

A police report detailing what happened put the death down to 'electrocution caused by mobile phone', adding that here had been on signs of any intruder.

Sastra's auntie, Watchareeporn Mo-in, found him the following morning, when she walked into the room to help with cleaning.

Sastra's auntie, Watchareeporn Mo-in. Credit: Viral Press
Sastra's auntie, Watchareeporn Mo-in. Credit: Viral Press

That was when she realised he was not moving, and noticed he had a purple complexion, with his hand lying near the plug. His left wrist also had red burn marks.

Watchareeporn, 57, said she immediately turned off the electricity at the mains fuse box before rushing to call the police.

She said: "My nephew always spent so much time on his bed using his phones and electronic games with a plug nearby.

"There were so many nights that I saw him fall asleep while his phones were still plugged in.''

Just days ago, we also reported of a teenage schoolgirl who passed away after her charging smartphone exploded on her pillow while she was asleep.

The damage caused to the phone. Credit: East2West News
The damage caused to the phone. Credit: East2West News

Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek, 14, went to bed listening to music at her home in Bastobe, Kazakhstan.

The next morning she was found dead, with the phone's battery having exploded close to her head.

Police said her device had been plugged into a power socket, with forensic experts later confirming that the mobile exploded after overheating as it charged - and that this was the cause of death, according to local reports.

She is believed to have suffered severe head injuries and died on the spot.

Featured Image Credit: ViralPress

Topics: World News, News, Thailand

Jess Hardiman

Jess is a journalist at LADbible who graduated from Manchester University with a degree in Film Studies, English Language and Linguistics - indecisiveness at its finest, right there. She also works for FOODbible and its sister page Seitanists, which are both a safe haven for her to channel a love for homemade pasta, fennel and everything else in between. You can contact Jess at [email protected]

 

Next Up

TripAdvisor To Stop Selling Tickets And Packages To SeaWorld And Other Companies

TripAdvisor To Stop Selling Tickets And Packages To SeaWorld And Other Companies

19 days ago