
Perhaps the most highly-anticipated video game in history has suffered multiple apparent leaks over the past week.
Fans champing at the bit to finally see Grand Theft Auto 6 in action thought they had to wait until August 27 when the first extended trailer goes live on Netflix, but an alleged leaker has brought that forward by posting eight lengthy clips of legitimate-looking gameplay online.
The 'CyberLeek' person or group claimed to be fighting for gamers and criticised Rockstar for releasing GTA 6 without a physical disc in an apparent manifesto, but have also plastered the clips with watermarks advertising a memecoin, in what is widely believed to be a crypto scam.
It is not clear how old the version of the game is or how much of the leaked gameplay will be in the final release, but developers Rockstar and parent company Take-Two are working to take the videos down and find whoever is responsible.
Advert

The eight GTA 6 leaks so far
There have been eight apparent gameplay leaks so far, and here is what they show:
- Jason Duval, one of two playable characters, playing basketball outside his house
- Jason driving a car and attacking an NPC
- A few seconds of a cut scene, suggesting the leaker could share story spoilers
- Knife combat
- Plane game play and Jason writing the word 'LEEK' on a wall with bullet holes, suggesting the leakers have access to a playable version of the game rather than just clips
- Super car game play
- More clips of Jason driving the streets in supercars, an armed robbery and strip club game play
- Another cut scene, in which a character says they need to take a 'leak', in a seeming dig at Rockstar's expense
An image of the supposed complete map of Vice City and the surrounding Leonida area, has also seemingly been leaked online.

Rockstar and Take-Two's reaction
On August 20, Take-Two issued Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) subpoenas in a federal court asking for information from both Microsoft and Discord to help identify the person or people behind the leaks.
A DMCA takedown notice was given to GitHub, where the leaks were first published before going viral on social media, on August 19, too, which said: “The infringer is sharing the stolen content from our copyright.
“The entire repository must be completely disabled, there are no remedies to rectify this clear case of infringement."
On the hunt to find those responsible for posting the leaks, Take-Two wants "all internal Microsoft business records and investigative records associated with Microsoft’s internal investigation of the ‘cyberleek’ persona sufficient to identify the user(s), person(s) and/or entity/ies associated with that persona.”
Xbox, which is owned by Microsoft, Chief Technology Officer, Scott Van Vliet, posted on X on August 21: "We are working closely with Take-Two and Rockstar Games to support efforts to protect creative works and intellectual property."

Discord told Variety: “Discord sometimes receives subpoenas related to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). We review and comply with valid subpoenas when we receive them, as is standard and routine for companies like ours.”
Bloomberg reports, citing an inside source, that Rockstar's leaders and a lot of its employees are 'angry' with the leaks, as well as 'frustrated and exhausted' as work continues on development ahead of its set release on November 19 - which isn't set to change despite the leaks.
It's reportedly 'all hands on deck' as Rockstar's management try to identify how the leaks have happened. They aren't the first GTA 6 has suffered.
A hacker released more than 90 videos and images from an early version of the then unannounced game in 2022. The leak sparked new security measures at Rockstar, like an end to working at home for developers, to ensure it didn't happen again.
LADbible has approached Rockstar and Take-Two, who have yet to make a statement on the leaks, for comment.
Topics: GTA, Gaming, Entertainment, Technology