The 50-year-old TV presenter made the admission on her account on Sunday (26 June), explaining that she'd accidentally swallowed one of the admittedly pretty small earphones while taking some medication.
Kirstie later tweeted about the unfortunate snack:
She went on to explain: "AirPods in pocket, put vitamins in pocket while getting glass of water, chucked vitamins into mouth, gulped water, go for second lot, see one AirPod in hand, check pocket, check handbag.
"Realise there’s only one place it could be."
The Location, Location, Location presenter was met with some amount of mirth as you might expect - ranging from people who didn't believe it happened, to a raft of other jokes that she mostly found not too difficult to, um, swallow.
One person wrote: "It might have shut you up for a while," to which Kirstie replied: "Zero chance of that mate."
Referencing the show she's perhaps most famous for, another said:
A third said: "Jesus, at least look at what you're swallowing, you're not a performing seal," which Kirstie responded to by saying: "Oh, I don't know?"
Others went for popular meme options, with one user opting for the Hard To Swallow bottle of pills illustration, with the next photo showing a handful of normal pills and an AirPod in them.
Where Allsopp lost her sense of humour was when people suggested that her story wasn't real.
"Funny how the accusations of lying seem to be coming from the gaming contingent, and I'm the one living in a fantasy world?!" she wrote in response to one doubting user.
Elsewhere she tweeted: "Can't really get my head around the 'you're lying' crowd. It would be such a bizarre lie."
And in a third tweet, she said: "I love that anyone thinks I have enough imagination to lie about this."
Allsopp was also sure to keep everyone updated as to how she was feeling after having to chuck up the AirPod as original tweet went viral.
She wrote: "Never again! Getting it, back up was agony and I've burst some little blood vessels around my eyes."
When asked by someone if the AirPod was still working, she responded: "Don't know yet, but it still smells of sick and I'm not sure about putting it in my ear. Way too much information I know."
However, there was good news this morning when she confirmed that it was in fact still working.
Thank goodness. Maybe don't keep them in your pocket from now on though.Featured Image Credit: Alamy/@KirstieMAllsopp/Twitter