Kid Goes To School With Vodka For Lunch And Mum Didn't Realise
A mum got the shock of her life when her daughter's school rang up to say they'd found alcohol in her lunchbox.
Luckily, her daughter Is five years old, not 17, and it was a simple misunderstanding that is absolutely hilarious.
The unnamed mum told her daughter to grab a frozen juice pouch out of the freezer, but her daughter got confused...
She wrote on Facebook: "EPIC lunchbox fail when you tell your five-year-old Preppie to put a frozen juice pouch in her lunchbox and you forget the other pouches in your freezer!
"Made for a very interesting phone call from the teacher!"
She accompanied the status with this picture...
I love this story because it's something that is so easily done. I've been in stitches this morning. There's a part of me that hopes the little girl knew exactly what she was doing and just thought she'd chance it to see what that one tastes like. Or maybe that's just something I would've done at the age of five.
Obviously, the mum didn't get in trouble, because it's just a simple mistake, but she added: "I apologised for not sending enough for the teachers and they just laughed, thankfully."
I'm sure there's been worse things packed in lunchboxes in the past.
I remember my own father asking me how many sandwiches I wanted for a school trip, to which I replied 'ten', jokingly. He then decided to call my bluff and actually sent me in with ten sarnies. Joke's on him, he had to make them.
Sadly, there are some kids who get awful packed lunches, and they're not even funny. Some teachers shared their 'worst packed lunch' stories on a forum, and they're heartbreaking.
The leftover beef burger in a stale bun is especially sad.
One user told of an especially sad story: "Kids entitled to fsm (free school meals) but mum had turned them down because she didn't want charity, but she would often send her kids to school with no lunch.
"We used to bring in extra sandwiches and fruit, but the kids were told not to accept them. (They sometimes would take them anyway because they were so hungry)."
Featured Image Credit: Facebook