| Last updated
The chilled-out kangaroo was filmed by Sharon Grady after she saw him in her pool in Merriwa, New South Wales, on Saturday.
The area has been hit with huge bushfires and, on Saturday, the mercury rose to a sweltering 42C.
The cute video of the 'roo was shared by Aussie radio station 98.1 Power FM and was quickly flooded with comments from people who were delighted the animal had found a way to cool down.
One person wrote: "Bless him. Just let him have the pool. The heat, fires n weather has all become too much."
While a second commented: "Drought and fires have played havoc with their environment not to mention mankind. Glad to see this fella found somewhere to cool off."
A third added: "Bless, must be awful for them at the moment, glad he found somewhere cool and wet. He needs to tell his mates."
Many of Australia's endemic species have been hit hard by the recent bushfires, with heartbreaking images showing koalas and kangaroos burnt, exhausted and with nowhere to live.
He was rushed to Port Macquarie Koala Hospital but was sadly put to sleep just days later.
His story touched so many hearts that a fundraiser set up by the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital and a number of other animal organisations, titled Help Thirsty Koalas Devastated by Recent Fires, has since raised more than AUD $2 million (£1,061,366).
In a recent update, the hospital wrote that the money raised would be used to fit 100 drinking stations 'in fire affected regions across New South Wales'.
With extra monies raised be used to start a Wild Koala Breeding Program because of the 'decimation of the wild koala population in NSW we are investigating the establishment of three breeding areas, all controlled and genetically managed to ensure the ongoing survival of healthy wild koalas'.
You can find out more, and donate, here.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read