• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

Victims Of Jeffrey Epstein Speak Out After Prince Andrew Settles Case With Virginia Giuffre

Tom Wood

Published 
| Last updated 

Victims Of Jeffrey Epstein Speak Out After Prince Andrew Settles Case With Virginia Giuffre

Some of the victims of Jeffrey Epstein have spoken out after Prince Andrew agreed a settlement with Virginia Giuffre over her claims that she was sexually assaulted by the royal.

Speaking on behalf of eight victims of the billionaire paedophile, who died in prison in August 2019, lawyer Lisa Bloom shared their statement.

It read: “We hail Virginia’s victory today. She has accomplished what no one else could: getting Prince Andrew to stop his nonsense and side with sexual abuse victims.

The statement concluded: “We salute Virginia’s stunning courage.”

Earlier, it was announced that a settlement had been reached between Giuffre and Prince Andrew.

Virginia Giuffre, aged 17, pictured with Prince Andrew. Credit: Alamy
Virginia Giuffre, aged 17, pictured with Prince Andrew. Credit: Alamy

In a letter to US judge Lewis A. Kaplan, David Boies – representing Giuffre - it read: “Virginia Giuffre and Prince Andrew have reached an out of court settlement.

“The parties will file a stipulated dismissal upon Ms. Giuffre's receipt of the settlement (the sum of which is not being disclosed).

“Prince Andrew intends to make a substantial donation to Ms. Giuffre's charity in support of victims' rights.

“Prince Andrew has never intended to malign Ms. Giuffre's character, and he accepts that she has suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of unfair public attacks.

“It is known that Jeffrey Epstein trafficked countless young girls over many years.

“Prince Andrew regrets his association with Epstein, and commends the bravery of Ms. Giuffre and other survivors in standing up for themselves and others.

“He pledges to demonstrate his regret for his association with Epstein by supporting the fight against the evils of sex trafficking, and by supporting its victims.”

The settlement sees Prince Andrew make no admission of liability, and his lawyers have previously claimed that he was ready to face a jury to dispute the claims made against him.

Jeffrey Epstein. Credit: Alamy
Jeffrey Epstein. Credit: Alamy

A trial had been expected to take place later in the year, but that will now no longer go ahead.

In response to the settlement, Boies told PA: "I believe this event speaks for itself."

Ms Giuffre, who was known as Virginia Roberts at the time, claimed that she was the victim of sex trafficking and abuse by Epstein from the age of 16, and that she was made to have sex with high-profile men, including Prince Andrew.

The 38-year-old claimed she was assaulted three times when she was 17 at the London home of Ghislaine Maxwell, who was jailed on December 29 2021 for sex trafficking.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Royal Family, US News, World News, Jeffrey Epstein

Tom Wood
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Entertainment

Russell Howard says it’s time to ‘legalise drugs’

10 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Jill Scott is crowned winner of I'm a Celebrity and viewers are over the moon

2 hours ago