Johnny Depp Warns Amber Heard More Legal Action Is Possible After Her Tell-All Interview
| Last updated
Johnny Depp's team have fought back following Amber Heard's tell-all interview, which aired on NBC on June 17, hitting out at her for 're-litigating matters'.
Depp's team refused to name Heard in their statement as they lashed out at the 36-year-old's long-ranging sit down with NBC's Savannah Guthrie.
"It's unfortunate that while Johnny is looking to move forward with his life, the defendant and her team are back to repeating, reimagining and re-litigating matters that have already been decided by the Court and a verdict that was unanimously and unequivocally decided by a jury in Johnny's favour," a spokesperson for Depp told OK!.
In the highly-anticipated interview, Heard told Guthrie of several examples of evidence which were barred from being presented in her legal defence against ex-husband Johnny Depp.
In the TV interview the Aquaman star said she had been reporting the alleged physical abuse since 2011, four years before the couple married.
"There’s a binder worth of years of notes dating back to 2011, from the very beginning of my relationship, that were taken by my doctor who I was reporting the abuse to," Heard told Guthrie.
The Daily Mail reports that Guthrie and the team at NBC went over the notes to confirm what Heard had been telling her therapist.
According to Guthrie, therapist notes from January 2012 said that Heard told her doctor that Depp 'hit her, threw her on the floor'.
Further notes from 2013 claimed that 'he threw her against a wall and threatened to kill her'.
Guthrie explained in the interview, as per the Independent, that the binder was not allowed to be entered into evidence as it was considered hearsay.
In the extensive tell-all, Heard has also confessed that she 'absolutely still loves' Depp.
Heard added that she 'made a lot of mistakes. But [has] always told the truth'.
Depp won his defamation case against ex-wife Amber Heard on June 1.
Tonight on a special edition of #Dateline at 8/7c, Savannah Guthrie sits down with Amber Heard, the woman at the center of one of the most sensational media spectacles in recent memory. pic.twitter.com/86n75uwbfW— Dateline NBC (@DatelineNBC) June 17, 2022
The jury unanimously found in favour of Johnny Depp, finding that what Amber Heard wrote in her op-ed piece for The Washington Post was defamatory, and awarded him $15 million ($AUD 20.6 million, £11.9 million) in damages.
The jury awarded Heard $2 million ($AUD 2.7 million £1.5 million) in compensatory damages, finding that in her countersuit, Heard did not prove all elements of defamation.
These charges were later capped at $10.35 million (AU $14.2 million, £8.2 million) by Judge Penny Azcarate.