Advert

Latest

Ireland Will Go Back Into Highest Level Lockdown For Six Weeks After Covid-19 Outbreak
published at15 minutes ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Man Has To Have Surgery After Inserting Beer Glass Up His Bum

Man Has To Have Surgery After Inserting Beer Glass Up His Bum

A man in China had to undergo surgery to remove a beer glass that he got stuck up his bum.

The 53-year-old man, named only as Mr Huang, went to the Affiliated Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital of Southwest Medical University in Lu after he pushed the glass into his bum upside down.

The glass was just short of 6cm tall with a diameter of 5.6cm and become completely stuck, requiring surgery.

Credit: Newsflash
Credit: Newsflash
Advert

According to a report from the hospital, Professor Li Wusheng and his team were forced to operate on the patient when they could not retrieve the beer glass, which was positioned around six centimetres (2.36 inches) up his rectum. Ouch.

X-ray images how the glass lodged inside the patient, while other images show medics working to remove it.

The hospital did not give any details about why Mr Huang inserted the glass into his rectum.

Credit: Newsflash
Credit: Newsflash
Advert

This is not the first time doctors in China have been presented with such a problem.

Last November, a man paid a visit to Dongguan Hospital of Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, in South China's Guangdong Province, with a 17.7cm long bottle up his bum.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
News

Man Loses 7-Inch Bottle Up Bum After Using It To 'Scratch An Itch'

Apparently, the 60-year-old man had been using it to 'scratch an itch' when he somehow lost control of it. Hmm.

He then visited hospital complaining of stomach pains.

Advert

Speaking to local media, Doctor Lin Jun said: "The patient told me: 'My abdomen hurts. There's something inside. I can't poo or fart.'

"The entire glass bottle was inside his rectum. I could feel the bottle under his abdomen.

"He said his anus was itching. He said: 'I was very uncomfortable, so I bought a bottle of Florida Water and began scratching the itch. Then the bottle accidentally went up my rectum.'"

Credit: AsiaWire
Credit: AsiaWire
Advert

Yikes.

The team were able to remove the bottle by anaesthetising the man from the waist down, entering the man's rectum, tying a piece of wire around the bottle and gently extracting it. What a day that must have been for the surgeons, eh?

The doc went on to advise against using bottles to get at hard to reach itches,

He added: "It's better to seek medical attention and let a doctor help you than attempt to resolve similar conditions by buying tools and such things."

Featured Image Credit: Newsflash

Topics: World News, China

Claire Reid

Claire is a journalist at LADbible who, after dossing around for a few years, went to Liverpool John Moores University. She graduated with a degree in Journalism and a whole load of debt. When not writing words in exchange for money she is usually at home watching serial killer documentaries surrounded by cats. You can contact Claire at [email protected]