Advert

Latest

Study Finds That Vampire Bats Socially Distance When They Are Ill
published atan hour ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Two-Year-Old Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted From Putting Charger In Her Mouth

Two-Year-Old Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted From Putting Charger In Her Mouth

A two-year-old girl has died after putting a phone charging cable into her mouth.

The child, named Shevar, was at her grandparents house in the village of Jahangirabad, near Delhi in India when the incident took place.

The girl's mother, named as Razia, left the girl to play for a short time on Saturday, with the charger plugged in nearby.

Someone else in the family has been using it, but had unplugged their phone, leaving the power turned on.

Advert

The little girl put the cable into her mouth, causing her to be electrocuted.

Akhilesh Pradhan, of Jahangirabad police station, told the Times of India: "The family has not approached us with any police complaint, so a case has not been filed.

"However, if somebody approaches us for a complaint, it will be done according to the norms."

Although smart phone chargers are not usually thought to carry enough voltage to harm you if you put it in your mouth, keeping them away from children is always advised.

Advert
File photo of a power socket in India. Credit: Creative Commons
File photo of a power socket in India. Credit: Creative Commons

Experts say the likelihood of someone being electrocuted by a smartphone, even while the device is charging, is very, very low. Chargers generally have a transformer built in to the plug, meaning they have a very low output.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
News

Two-Year-Old Girl Killed By Collapsing Ice Sculpture At Luxembourg Christmas Market

However, if the plug is faulty, or if the charger has exposed wires, it is important not to use them. Experts recommend only using high quality electrical equipment from the recommended manufacturer for your device.

The story comes after another recent incident that took place in Thailand.

Advert
News

Husband From World's Oldest Couple Dies Aged 110

published at8 days ago

A factory worker was found dead after being electrocuted while charging his phone and using earphones at the same time.

Kritsada Supol, 24, had laid down in bed with his phone plugged into an extension power point using a cheap charging cable.

The phone was plugged into a charging point with a cheap charger. Credit: Viral Press
The phone was plugged into a charging point with a cheap charger. Credit: Viral Press

It is said that he had been listening to music or talking to someone as the mic section of the earphones was resting over his lips.

Advert

Police Captain Jaleuk Polthong said police believe that Kritsada was fatally electrocuted while using the earphones and charging his smartphone at the same time.

The captain said: ''We believe a short circuit caused his death while he was on the phone with someone or he was listening to music.''

Officers blamed a poor quality charger for the death, with Captain Polthong adding: ''Many people could be in danger if they use cheap charging adapters which are not manufactured from the authorised company."

Featured Image Credit: Pexels

Topics: World News

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Boris Johnson Announces Second Lockdown
published at3 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Boris Johnson Announces Second Lockdown

published at3 hours ago
Boris Johnson Is Preparing To Introduce A National Lockdown

Amelia Ward

Amelia is a journalist at LADbible. After studying journalism at Liverpool John Moores and Salford Uni (don't ask), she went into PR and then the world of music. After a few years working on festivals and events, she went back to her roots. In her spare time, Amelia likes music, Liverpool FC, and spending good, quality time with her cat, Paul. You can contact Amelia at [email protected]