Advert

Latest

23 minutes ago
Advert
32 minutes ago
Advert

Most Popular

3 hours ago
Advert

Woman Dies After Dropping Her Charging Phone In The Bath

Woman Dies After Dropping Her Charging Phone In The Bath

A Russian woman has been found dead after a phone she was charging fell into her bath.

Evgenia Shulyatyeva was instantly electrocuted when the plugged-in phone is believed to have slipped into the water. It's not known whether she had been using the device at the time of her death.

Advert
Evgenia Shulyatyeva was electrocuted in the bath by her charging phone. Credit: East2West News
Evgenia Shulyatyeva was electrocuted in the bath by her charging phone. Credit: East2West News

The body of the 26-year-old accountant was found by her mum, Vera, who rushed to her home when she couldn't get hold of her.

Ahead of the funeral in Kirovo-Chepetsk, Evgenia's loved ones have flocked to social media to share touching tributes.

Friend Elena Shakleina posted: "Sister... rest in peace.... sleep well.... you are forever in our hearts... Call me tomorrow, say that was just a dream, that this is not the truth."

Loved ones shared heartbreaking tributes to Evgenia. Credit: East2West News
Loved ones shared heartbreaking tributes to Evgenia. Credit: East2West News
Advert

Another named Anyuta Buyanova wrote: "You were so bright... Sleep well...."

The Russian Investigative Committee is currently assessing the incident, which forms one of many similar cases to have unfolded in the country.

Back in April, a woman named Anastasia suffered the same fate. And just like Evgenia, she was found by her mother.

"I saw Nastya (Anastasia) lying in an empty bath," said 48-year-old Oksana.

There have been several cases similar to Evgenia's in Russia. Credit: East2West News
There have been several cases similar to Evgenia's in Russia. Credit: East2West News

"In one hand, she was holding her mobile phone plugged into the socket, and in the other hand she had a bath plug.

"I thought she was alive but unconscious. I called the ambulance. Paramedics came very quickly but they could only register the death of my daughter."

A week ago, 14-year-old Yulia Vysotskaya who passed away when her phone slipped out of her hands.

Credit: East2West News
Credit: East2West News

In December of last year, Russian martial arts champion Irina Rybnikova, 15, also died instantly when using her iPhone, which was plugged into a charger at her home in Bratsk, Siberia. Twelve-year-old Kseniya P also died after using her device to listen to music from her phone in the bath.

As the death count continues to rise, experts in the country repeat their warning about the risk of electrocution when charging mobile phones by the bath or shower.

Yury Agrafonov, the head of radio-electronic department of Irkutsk State University, said after Irina's death: "Water is a good conductor... this is why there was a short circuit when the phone fell into the water.

"If the phone had not been plugged in to 220 volts, the tragedy would not have happened."

Featured Image Credit: East2West News

Topics: Death, phone, Charging, iPhone, Russia, bathwater, Dead

Daisy Phillipson

Daisy is a UK-based freelance journalist with too many opinions. She loves everything film and music-related and has a track record writing for Little White Lies, BWRC, and Film Daily. Contact her at [email protected]

 

Next Up

New Netflix Serial Killer Movie In The Shadow Of The Moon Looks Amazing

New Netflix Serial Killer Movie In The Shadow Of The Moon Looks Amazing

3 months ago