• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now

​Dead Guy Rocks Up At Home Seven Months After Family Apparently Cremated Him

Jess Hardiman

| Last updated 

​Dead Guy Rocks Up At Home Seven Months After Family Apparently Cremated Him

A bloke who was believed to be dead has returned home looking very much alive, much to his family's surprise - they'd even already cremated him. Well, or so they thought.

The 44-year-old man, Sakorn Sacheewa, walked into his home in Ban Lao Fai in Thailand a few weeks before Christmas, Thai media reported. His step-brother, Charoen Lekdi, said that the family was 'totally astounded' - as you would be.

The family had previously believed he was dead, after being contacted by Nang Loeng police, who asked them to come and collect Sakorn's body. Police told them that he had died of a digestive disease at a rented room in Phra Nakhon district on 18 May, the Bangkok Post reports.

The family then went to pick up the body from the Faculty of Medicine Vajira Hospital of Navamindradhiraj, receiving a death certificate dated 21 May.


Vajira Hospital. Credit: Wikimedia Commons

The body looked swollen and almost unrecognisable - but one eagle-eyed cousin spotted that the body didn't have two front teeth missing, a pretty distinguishing feature that Sakorn had. Despite their concerns, an official apparently shrugged off their comments and told them to take the body home.

It was then that they held three days' worth of religious ceremonies, before eventually cremating the body. You know, coming to terms with it all and saying their goodbyes.


Then, of course, Sakorn only bloody walked in through the front door, didn't he? The family were understandably confused as hell, and were so shocked that they kept touching him until they were sure he wasn't a ghost.

Turns out Sakorn had been working on a fishing boat based in Nakhon Si Thammarat since 24 January 2016. He said he believes that at some point during that time, a Myanmar worker had stolen his identification card and buggered off - he'd reported it missing and had been issued a new one.

He then left his job and set off to return home, only to be welcomed back by one very baffled family, who had already said goodbye to their loved one seven months previously.

Sakorn now has to get his official record changed, as it's still saying that he died on 18 May.


Er, so who exactly did the family cremate then? This is all so fucked up.

Featured Image Credit: Thai PBS News

Topics: World News, News, Asia, Thailand, Weird

Jess Hardiman
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You


Bryan Cranston had brutal mic drop moment after kid asked him question about Albuquerque

an hour ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Waiter says there’s a bill trick they use if they want you to leave

4 hours ago