Britain's best dad joke has been crowned after thousands of blokes battled it on social media to claim the title.
Almost 3,000 self-professed funny dads submitted their favourite joke to the Aldi Mamia Best Dad Joke competition, launched to coincide with Father's Day.
Comedian Mark Watson acted as judge for the competition and he chose Austin May from Bedworth, Warwickshire, as the winner.
The dad-of-two's winning joke was: "I once hired a limo but when it arrived, the guy driving it walked off!
"I said, 'Excuse me? Are you not going to drive me?'
The guy told me that the price didn't include a driver... so I'd spent £400 on a limo and have nothing to chauffeur it!"
Other notable entries picked out by Mark were:
- Why did the man fall down the well? Because he didn't see that well
- What do you call a zombie who cooks stir fries? Dead man wok-ing
- Someone has glued my pack of cards together - I don't know how to deal with it
- I was wondering why the frisbee kept looking bigger and bigger, and then it hit me
- Why did the scarecrow get an award? Because he was out standing in his field
- What did the daddy buffalo say to his son when he left for work? Bison
- I was stood behind a customer at an ATM and he turned around and said, 'could you check my balance?' - so I pushed him. His balance wasn't that great
- Two guys walked into a bar. The third guy ducked
- What do you call a blind dinosaur? A Doyouthinkhesaurus
Explaining what he reckons makes the perfect dad joke, Mark said: "The perfect dad joke has got to be equal parts cringe and cheese - it's got to make your kids embarrassed to be in the same room as you but still make them laugh. It's a fine balance!
"When judging this competition, I was keeping an eye out for those jokes that were so bad, they were actually good.
"You don't have to be a dad to tell a dad joke, but I think telling some truly awful ones really is a rite of passage when becoming a dad."Featured Image Credit: PA