
Earlier this week, it was reported that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are planning to move back to the UK.
But that wasn’t the only return there were whispers (ok, let’s be honest, pretty loud chatting) of, as it’s said Meghan is also set to get back to acting.
And now that’s spiralled out as while it was reported she was appearing to be considered for season three of Netflix’s The Gentlemen, there’s allegedly been a U-turn.
Yep, that casting has apparently been withdrawn before they've even moved back to British soil.
Advert
Meghan is of course an actor in her roots, well known for starring as Rachel Zane in Suits before ending her time on the law show in 2017 ahead of her wedding to Prince Harry in 2018. Plus, she’s also set to appear back on the screen soon in a bit of a film cameo.

Variety reported on Friday (21 August) that Meghan was in talks to join the third season of Guy Ritchie’s popular series The Gentlemen.
Of course, season two isn’t actually even out yet, with it set to land on Netflix in less than two weeks. And it’s not actually been officially renewed for a third season yet but fans are expected it.
The outlet said Meghan’s potential role ‘has not yet been identified and she is said to be in very early talks, with no contract in place’.
The Duchess has faced intense scrutiny for years here in the UK and that’s said to be to do with this withdrawal.
Tina Brown, the former editor-in-chief of Vanity Fair and The New Yorker, wrote in a column on Substack on Saturday: “I learned this morning that the casting of Meghan Markle in season 3 of Guy Ritchie’s Netflix series The Gentlemen has been withdrawn. The backlash in the UK was so intense, it became untenable to go forward. This does not bode well for Meghan’s acting comeback in the UK.”

Australian outlet News.com.au was first to report that she had been 'offered a role in an upcoming project based in the UK' with the move here only temporary.
The outlet's royal correspondent, Bronte Coy, told BBC Radio Four's Today on 20 August that Meghan is working again and said: "I’m told it’s significant, and she’s very excited about it.”
While she's cameo'ing as herself, she is set to appear in Close Personal Friends, an upcoming comedy film starring Lily Collins, Brie Larson and Jack Quaid.
And Harry and Meghan's Archewell Productions made Netflix one of its first major partners in 2020. Despite reports of 'low productivity', they are said to be developing a film adaptation of an Afghan war memoir for the streamer.
The Daily Telegraph first reported that the couple intend to relocate from the US later this month and into a private, non-royal residence outside London.
Their children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are enrolled to start at a school here in September.
The King was told of their move last Sunday and there's no plans currently for either of Harry or Meghan to resume their roles as working Royals. They stepped back from the royal duties in early 2020 before leaving the UK and settling in California.
The LADbible Group has contacted representatives for Harry and Meghan and Netflix for comment.