| Last updated
The first famous names rumoured to be taking part in this year's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! have started to float about, as the show sets up for its new format at a Welsh castle.
Photos obtained by The Sun show the likes of actor Ruthie Henshall, 53, singer Russell Watson, 53, Paralympian Hollie Arnold, 26, and presenter Vernon Kay, 46, arriving at a photoshoot in London on Friday - apparently kicking off their two-week isolation period before filming commences.
According to the news outlet, the stars were taking part in a 'secret photoshoot' in Kensal Green, North West London, getting photographed in this year's official outfits before beginning their two week isolation period in a hotel and eventually entering Gwrych Castle in Abergale.
While their faces were partially hidden by masks, Watson was carrying a suit bag with his name on it.
Other names said to have been taking part in the photoshoot and rumoured to be contestants this year are presenter Victoria Derbyshire, 52, Coronation Street actor Beverley Callard, 63, Strictly Come Dancing pro AJ Pritchard, 25, and EastEnders star Jessica Plummer, 28.
An ITV spokesperson told LADbible: "Any names suggested for I'm a Celebrity are just speculation."
The coronavirus pandemic has thrown a few spanners in the works for this year's series, meaning the celebs are due to be taken to a castle in Wales instead of the show's usual jungle backdrop.
As with the regular programme, viewers will see the celebrities undertake gruelling trials and fun-filled challenges to win food and treats - but this time, one of them will be crowned, for the first time ever, King or Queen of the Castle.
Kevin Lygo, ITV's Director of Television said: "We announced last week that we were doing all we could to make the series and I'm thrilled that we can bring the show to viewers albeit not in the jungle. We have a great team both on and off screen and I know they will produce a hugely entertaining series."
Richard Cowles, Director of Entertainment at ITV Studios, added: "We pulled out all the stops to try and make the series happen in Australia. Unfortunately, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and despite us looking at many different contingencies, it became apparent that it just wasn't possible for us to travel and make the show there.
"However, we are all really excited about a UK version of I'm A Celebrity. While it will certainly be different producing the show from the UK, the same tone and feel will remain.
"Our celebrities will probably have to swap shorts for thermals but they can still look forward to a basic diet of rice and beans and plenty of thrills and surprises along the way."
Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock/PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read