ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
BBC Panorama to address MAFS sexual misconduct allegations in last-minute schedule change
Home>Entertainment>TV
Updated 13:13 18 May 2026 GMT+1Published 12:30 18 May 2026 GMT+1

BBC Panorama to address MAFS sexual misconduct allegations in last-minute schedule change

The documentary sees three women make allegations of sexual misconduct of their on screen former husbands

Michael Slavin

Michael Slavin

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Warning: This article contains discussion of sexual assault which some readers may find distressing

Married at First Sight: UK is facing a major controversy after a contestant on the show said they were sexually assaulted by their former on-screen husband, with a new documentary by the BBC claiming there are three separate women who allege sexual misconduct.

The news first broke in July of last year, 2025, that a contestant on the show claimed they had been sexually assaulted during the filming of a dinner party scene.

Now, in a last-minute scheduling change, the BBC is releasing a Panorama documentary titled The Dark Side of Married at First Sight.

Advert

In the synopsis, Panorama say it has investigated ‘allegations that raise serious concerns welfare procedures on the reality show failed contributors, leaving them at risk of harm’.

The documentary features interviews by Noor Nanji, the Culture correspondent for BBC News, with three women who allege sexual misconduct by their former on-screen husbands.

Married at First Sight: UK is facing serious allegations (Channel 4)
Married at First Sight: UK is facing serious allegations (Channel 4)

The series does exactly what it says in the title, bringing together two strangers paired up with one another by the show’s ‘experts’ and having them get first meet as they walk down the aisle. The couples then go on a honeymoon together with other newlyweds from the TV show.

Of the three women who Nanji speaks to in the Panorama documentary, two of the women say they were sexually assaulted.

The BBC added in its synopsis: “The men deny all the allegations against them, and both Channel 4 and CPL - the independent production company that makes the series - say the welfare protocols are robust and comprehensive.”

At the time of the previous allegation being made public, a spokesperson for the show said to LADbible: “We are aware that a report has been made to police about an alleged sexual assault during the filming of a dinner party. We take any issues on the show incredibly seriously.

"Producers follow strict welfare protocols as the wellbeing of the cast is always the first priority. Support would be offered to anyone who wished to report a matter to the authorities, and naturally we would cooperate with any enquiries or investigations."

A spokesperson for the Police said in a statement issued to The Sun at the time: "We received a report of a non-recent sexual assault on June 14. Enquiries remain ongoing."

LADbible Group has contacted Channel 4 for comment.

Featured Image Credit: BBC

Topics: Channel 4, TV and Film, TV, Crime, UK News

Michael Slavin
Michael Slavin

Michael Slavin is LADbible's dedicated specialist Film and TV writer. Following his completion of a Masters in International Journalism at Salford University, he began working for the Warrington Guardian as a reporter. Throughout this he did freelance work about Entertainment for publications such as DiscussingFilm, where he was the Film and TV editor. Now, he is LAD's go to voice on all things Netflix, True Crime, and UK TV, as well as interviewing huge global stars such as Jake Gyllenhaal, Daisy Ridley, and Ben Stiller.

X

@michaelslavin98

Recommended reads

Man arrested at Venezuela Fury's wedding held on suspicion of 'licensing offence'TikTok/parisvenezeulaEuphoria creator called out for 'insane' scene in 'diabolical' new episodeHBOShakira has €55m returned in new case after previously avoiding threat of eight-year jail sentenceMireya Acierto/Getty ImagesWhy your Ryanair flight wont get cancelled due to jet fuel crisisFILIPPO MONTEFORTE/AFP via Getty Images

Advert

Choose your content:

16 mins ago
18 mins ago
an hour ago
  • HBO
    16 mins ago

    Euphoria creator called out for 'insane' scene in 'diabolical' new episode

    It's the second time the symbol has been shown in Euphoria season three

    Entertainment
  • Mireya Acierto/Getty Images
    18 mins ago

    Shakira has €55m returned in new case after previously avoiding threat of eight-year jail sentence

    It's been affecting her greatly for nearly a decade

    Entertainment
  • HBO
    an hour ago

    Sydney Sweeney's naked pose with snake in new Euphoria episode hints at deeper meaning

    The theory hints that Euphoria's Cassie could be facing a pretty severe fate

    Entertainment
  • Channel 4
    an hour ago

    Moment second Virgin Island participant who had 'never gone beyond kissing’ loses virginity to her therapist

    Tegan lost her virginity on last week's episode, but she isn't the last from season two

    Entertainment
  • MAFS UK star alleges they were sexually assaulted whilst filming reality show
  • Virgin Island star says favourite part of losing her virginity wasn’t shown in new episode
  • Educating Yorkshire teacher won't appear in reboot after being banned from teaching
  • 'Black cab rapist' who may have attacked 100 women would tell his victims he'd won the lottery