Man Saves Dog Left In Car In 34C Heatwave By Smashing Window With Axe
A man stepped in with an axe to help rescue a dog that had been left inside a boiling hot car during 34C heat.
Footage shows the fella smash through a window with the axe to get to the Yorkshire terrier inside.
The teeny pooch had been left inside the car at Newbury Retail Park in Berkshire on what was one of the hottest days we've had in the UK this year.
Samantha Heaver, who recorded the clip, before sharing it to Facebook, says the dog was left for around 45 minutes while the owner of the dog went shopping with her young daughter.
In the clip you can see concerned members of the public gather round as the man with the axe starts to whack the front passenger window - on his eight attempt it goes through and a man can be heard to say: "That's done it. That's enough."
A woman asks: "Where's the dog? Where's the dog? Jesus Christ. That poor little dog."
Someone else adds: "At least it will get some air and won't die in there," before the woman responds: "It don't look b****y great."
The clip has been viewed thousands of times and has been flooded with comments from people praising the man with the axe for his quick-thinking actions.
More Like ThisMore Like This
A couple of PCSO who were at the retail park picking up some lunch attended the scene.
The woman who posted the video confirmed that the dog was eventually removed from the car and taken to a local vets to get checked over.
A Thames Valley Police spokesman told the Sun: "A member of the public did smash a car window to get a dog out of a car.
"Two of our PCSOs attended, the dog was taken by one of the PCSOs for a check over.
"The owner of the vehicle returned and was given advice."
It should go without saying, but please don't leave your dogs unattended in hot cars - even if you think you're only going to be a couple of minutes.
The RSPCA explains that even when it's only 22C outside, within an hour it could be 47C inside a car.
If you see a dog in a hot car - and you can't find the owner - call 101 or, in an emergency, 999.
You can find out more information from the RSPCA here.
Featured Image Credit: Facebook