Advert

Man's Tongue Swells Up After He's Stung By A Bee While Eating A Burger

Published 
| Last updated 

Man's Tongue Swells Up After He's Stung By A Bee While Eating A Burger

A young man has filmed the moment his tongue became disturbingly swollen after he got stung by a bee while eating a burger:

Loading…

In September, student Kobe Freeman, age 20, from Utah, recorded his tongue swelling up moments after he felt a sharp pain while eating a burger.

Kobe went to the bathroom to find a bee had somehow managed to sting him on his tongue, which quickly began to balloon.

Advert

In the video - which has gone viral online with over five million views - Kobe is heard saying: "I am wondering if anyone has ever had this happen before?"

Going to take a wild guess and say probably not.

Credit: Caters
Credit: Caters
Credit: Caters
Credit: Caters
Advert

He then tries to explain what happened with great difficulty, due to how large his tongue has become.

One user commented on the video, saying: "Just get bees to sting the rest of your body, everything should even out."

Helpful, cheers!

Another person said: "Please let us know you are okay!"

Advert

The following day, Kobe uploaded a video showing his tongue was getting back to normal and reassured his followers that he was feeling well, though he was still having trouble eating.

Credit: Caters
Credit: Caters

Kobe said: "I cooked myself a burger and it was such a pretty night, that I decided I would eat outside.

"I was almost done with my first burger of two, and I felt this sharp pain on my tongue, so I went to the bathroom and noticed a bee stinger in my tongue.

"I then pulled it out and the swelling began, it was pretty painful and scary. I thought I wasn't going to be able to breath, but finally, after two hours, it started to go away instead of getting bigger.

Advert

"I recovered very nicely by the next evening."

Phew.

I mean, Kobe's situation could be worse when you put it into perspective. Especially looking back to August when a woman in China had to have more than 400 bee stings removed from her body after she was attacked while working in a field.

Credit: Suichang News/WeChat
Credit: Suichang News/WeChat
Advert

The woman, known only by her surname of Huang, was rushed to a local hospital in Suichang county, located in the eastern Chinese province Zhejiang. According to reports, doctors had to remove the venomous stings in an emergency procedure.

Dr Weng Jianwu, an ER doctor at the hospital, told local media: "When the patient was brought in, we saw packs of bee's stingers covering her head, neck and back. She said she was feeling very tired. She also had headaches and struggled to breathe."

Featured Image Credit: Caters

Topics: News, Animals

Rebecca Shepherd
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Police Establish 'Crime Scene' At Family Home Of Gabby Petito's Boyfriend Brian Laundrie

4 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Entertainment

Daniel Craig Gets Emotional During James Bond Farewell Speech

2 days ago