Advert

Latest

28 minutes ago
Advert
an hour ago
Advert

Most Popular

2 days ago
Advert

Man Dies After Being Electrocuted Charging Phone While Using Earphones

Man Dies After Being Electrocuted Charging Phone While Using Earphones

A factory worker was found dead after being electrocuted while charging his phone and using earphones at the same time.

Kritsada Supol, 24, had laid down on his mattress in Chonburi, Thailand, with his phone plugged into an extension power point using a cheap charging cable.

Advert

It is believed that he had been listening to music or talking to someone as the mic section of the earphones was resting over his lips.

The phone was plugged into a charging point with a cheap charger. Credit: Viral Press
The phone was plugged into a charging point with a cheap charger. Credit: Viral Press

The property owner visited the room on Sunday 3 February and found Kritsada's body on the mattress with signs of burning around his ears.

Police from the Phan Thong Provincial Police Stationin Chonburi, Thailand, arrived and carried the dead body from the property before sending it for a post-mortem examination.

Emergency staff arrived to move the body. Credit: Viral Press
Emergency staff arrived to move the body. Credit: Viral Press
Advert

Police Captain Jaleuk Polthong said police believe that Kritsada was fatally electrocuted while using the earphones and charging his smartphone at the same time.

The captain said: ''We believe a short circuit caused his death while he was on the phone with someone or he was listening to music.''

Officers blamed a poor quality charger for the death, as Captain Polthong added: ''Many people could be in danger if they use cheap charging adapters which are not manufactured from the authorised company.

''It looks like the victim was electrocuted but the body will be sent for an autopsy to confirm the exact cause of death.''

The emergency vehicle in Thailand. Credit: Viral Press
The emergency vehicle in Thailand. Credit: Viral Press

Back in August 2018, a woman's iPhone burst into flames on the dashboard of a car after she had the battery repaired at an unofficial repair shop.

The woman, from Shanghai's Minhang district in East China, was forced to abandon her car after her iPhone suddenly appeared to catch fire while lying on her dashboard. Twenty seconds later, it erupted into a ball of flame.

In the video, she can be seen driving along when flames burst out of her Apple iPhone 6. Obviously panicked, the woman screams but carries on driving as she's in the middle of traffic and because the phone seems to have stopped burning.

About 20 seconds later, however, the phone ignites again, except this time the flames catch and the phone remains on fire. That's when the petrified woman stops her car and gets out screaming to passersby.

While the store did take the phone back and gave her a new battery after it exploded, they reportedly refused to fix the iPhone or pay for the damages that occurred to the dashboard.

Featured Image Credit: Viral Press

Topics: World News, News, Thailand

Rebecca Shepherd

I'm Becky - a journalist at LADbible. I graduated with a First Class BA in Journalism before going on to cover criminal court cases, medical tribunals and breaking news for the national media - which inevitably and eventually became as glum as it sounds. Can often be found rocking a bag for life - which I made a 'thing' way before Rihanna. You can contact me at [email protected]

 

Next Up

Man Dies After Being Electrocuted Charging Phone While Using Earphones

Man Dies After Being Electrocuted Charging Phone While Using Earphones

a year ago