• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now

Dog Dies After Eating Pigs In Blankets Stuffed With Nails

Jake Massey

| Last updated 

Dog Dies After Eating Pigs In Blankets Stuffed With Nails

Featured Image Credit: Pen News

A dog has died after eating pigs in blankets laced with nails.

Viola Coschemique was walking her dog Azaar in Dinton Pastures, Wokingham, UK, when the Afghan Hound found something to eat.

After Viola, 41, pulled him away she realised he'd been gorging on pigs in blankets stuffed with nails.

Azaar had to be put down. Credit: Pen News
Azaar had to be put down. Credit: Pen News

She said: "He was fine afterwards. I was checking if there was symptoms but no. He did pass a nail but still had no symptoms so I presumed he was lucky.

"Then out of blue, a few days later, he lost his appetite and was unable to control his bowel movements.

"When everything started, it came crashing down so fast and the damage was so severe that the vet told me the only thing to do was to euthanise my poor boy. The vet said sometimes people leave stuff out like poison for animals to get hurt.

"She said that it was something major he swallowed to take him down do fast. He had internal bleeding - shutting down of all organs as result, extreme dehydration and blood loss."

Viola has condemned the 'monsters' who left out the food which took the life of her beloved 19-month-old pet.

Viola is devastated. Credit: Pen News
Viola is devastated. Credit: Pen News

She said: "There are no words to describe how we feel or the void that he left in our lives. He was the sweetest, most loving and goofiest dog I ever saw.

"I have had Asperger's syndrome since birth, and have complex post-traumatic stress disorder and agoraphobia after an assault with a knife.

"But he made my life complete and gave me hope that I can function in public as normal. This fluffy fur-ball gave me the will and power to face everything and learn how to live again."

Wokingham Borough Council, which manages the park, asked dog walkers to remain vigilant.

A spokesperson said: "We are saddened by the incident involving the Afghan hound, Azaar, and want to offer our condolences to the owner. We have spoken with her to gather more information.

Credit: Pen News
Credit: Pen News

"Our rangers have inspected the location in question and have scoured the country park to check for any further sausages that have been spiked with nails.

"We want to reassure visitors that our rangers have not found any further sausages or other items of concern.

"But we would encourage all dog owners to keep a watchful eye on dogs whilst visiting Dinton Pastures.

"We have also reported the incident to Thames Valley Police for further investigation."

Thames Valley Police have been contacted for comment.

Topics: Dog, UK News, Animals

Jake Massey
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You


At least 125 football fans dead after massive riot breaks out at match

13 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Man who exposed Jimmy Savile claims there's another 'untouchable' paedophile he's trying to bring down

5 hours ago