Liz Amaya, a mum and stylist from Brisbane, shared her technique, which she says effectively removes any dirt and grime from Apple AirPods.
She said she reminds herself to clean hers regularly, saying that cleaning them once a week 'optimises' them.
Posting on Instagram to her 88.9k followers, Liz said: "To clean your AirPods, you will need alcohol solution, Q tips or cotton buds, a toothpick and a microfibre cloth.
"They are earwax magnets, and you should clean them once a week to optimise the sound!"
Liz goes on to say that to clean them, you need to remove them from any packaging, and tells you what products you'll need.
First, you'll need to spray some of the alcohol onto a cotton bud, and carefully wipe them.
She advises: "Use a toothpick to reach the hard-to-reach spots.
"Then, wipe them down with a microfibre cloth."
She adds that you should repeat this with the charging case, before you put them face down, letting everything dry out properly.
She added: "Optimise sound by always keeping them clean and do this once a week for the best results."
Followers were grateful for the tips.
One said: "Good to know. I bet nobody would think to clean them."
Another had a tip of their own, saying: "Blu Tack is the ultimate AirPods cleaning tool."
A third wrote: "My dog bit mine and there was wax INSIDE."
The Apple website advises:
- Don't run AirPods or AirPods Pro under water.
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
- If your AirPods or AirPods Pro are exposed to anything that might cause stains or other damage - for example, soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, perfumes, solvents, detergent, acids or acidic foods, insect repellent, sun cream, oil or hair dye:
- Wipe them clean with a cloth slightly dampened with fresh water and dry with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
- Allow them to dry completely before placing in the charging case.
- Do not attempt to use them until they're completely dry.
- Make sure no liquid gets in the openings.
- Clean the microphone and speaker meshes with a dry cotton swab.
- Don't use sharp objects or abrasive materials to clean your AirPods or AirPods Pro.
Apple released a new set of £549 headphones back in December. The AirPods Max feature 'incredible high-fidelity audio, Adaptive EQ, Active Noise Cancellation, and spatial audio'.
Greg Joswiak, Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing, is predictably much fonder of the 'magical' headphones.
He said: "AirPods are the most popular headphones in the world, beloved for their effortless setup, incredible sound quality, and iconic design.
"With AirPods Max, we are bringing that magical AirPods experience to a stunning over-ear design with high-fidelity audio."
Featured Image Credit: Instagramfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Man buys 300 iPhones from Apple Store but gets robbed on way back to car
- Apple Builds 'Invisible Wall' On Its Maps To Hide Tim Cook's House
- Apple urges users to update software immediately after finding 'serious security vulnerabilities'
- Apple Issues Warning To All iPhone Users To Check Security Settings Immediately