Advert

Latest

Suspect Escapes Court During Sentencing As Officers Chase After Him
published atan hour ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Mum Claims That Daughter, 6, Choked On Blue Face Mask 'Cooked Inside McDonald's Chicken Nuggets'

Mum Claims That Daughter, 6, Choked On Blue Face Mask 'Cooked Inside McDonald's Chicken Nuggets'

A furious mum claims her six-year-old daughter started choking on pieces of a disposable blue face mask cooked inside chicken nuggets she bought from McDonald's.

Laura Arber said she made the discovery in at least two of the 20 nuggets she had bought for her children from the fast food branch in Aldershot, Hampshire, on Tuesday (4 August).

Laura says the mask had been cooked inside the chicken nugget. Credit: Hampshire Live/BPM Media
Laura says the mask had been cooked inside the chicken nugget. Credit: Hampshire Live/BPM Media

The 32-year-old had taken three of her four children to the McDonald's branch to pick up the order before they headed back to the family home to enjoy their meal.

Advert

She said as her kids sat down on the sofa she suddenly became aware that six-year-old Maddie was choking.

Laura said: "My little daughter just started choking and I put my fingers down her throat to loop it out there was just blue with the sick. I thought what on earth is this?

"I didn't even think it could be the chicken nugget but looked over at the box and all you could see was this blue coming out of another chicken nugget in the box of 20.

"And the mask is cooked into it, like a part of the mixture and it's clearly a mask. You can see the seam and how solid it is in there."

Advert
Laura Arber. Credit: Hampshire Live/BPM Media
Laura Arber. Credit: Hampshire Live/BPM Media

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
Mum Defends Decision To Give Daughter McDonald's At Six Months
News

Mum Defends Decision To Give Daughter McDonald's At Six Months

After speaking to the branch on the phone Laura headed down to the store to speak to the manager and was told that the nuggets were not cooked on site.

Laura said she did not receive an apology and was shocked that the restaurant did not stop serving nuggets.

Laura said: "And the worst thing was that they carried on serving them. Before I left I said: 'Are you going to keep serving them?' And they were carrying on serving them and that was the big thing for me.

Advert

"I just couldn't believe the way the management were handling it. What if I had walked out of the room and my daughter had choked? She could have died. It's a split second thing.

Laura's daughter Maddie. Credit: Hampshire Live/BPM Media
Laura's daughter Maddie. Credit: Hampshire Live/BPM Media

"And I am just thinking, we have just come out of a pandemic and there is a face mask in my child's chicken nugget."

A McDonald's spokesperson said: "We are very sorry to hear about this customer's experience. Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections.

Advert

"When the matter was brought to the attention of our staff, we apologised, offered a full refund and asked the customer to return the item so we could further investigate the matter and isolate the affected product."

Featured Image Credit: Hampshire Live/BPM Media

Topics: Food, UK News, mcdonalds

Rebecca Shepherd

I'm Becky - a journalist at LADbible. I graduated with a First Class BA in Journalism before going on to cover criminal court cases, medical tribunals and breaking news for the national media - which inevitably and eventually became as glum as it sounds. Can often be found rocking a bag for life - which I made a 'thing' way before Rihanna. You can contact me at [email protected]