Keanu Reeves' gesture for crew during John Wick 4 filming divides opinion
| Last updated
Keanu Reeves has proven once again he’s the nicest guy in Hollywood after he was filmed helping crew carry kit up some stairs on set.
The sweet moment happened on the set of John Wick: Chapter 4 while Reeves was filming the highly anticipated instalment of the action franchise. Take a look below:
But while many fans have praised the actor for his kind deed, some have criticised the action hero for potentially putting the film’s production at risk.
The footage was uploaded to Twitter by screenwriter Todd Spence, showing the A-list actor kindly helping out and carrying equipment for the crew on set.
While it was originally shared in October, the video has recently gone viral and gained over 9.3 million views following the film’s release over the weekend.
However, not everyone has been impressed with the action hero’s on-set behaviour.
In fact, one angry user said that the actor shouldn’t be praised as he was no different from the crew.
They wrote: “Oh please. The talent carrying a box is not a hero move. They aren’t any better than the cinematographer who makes him look good on camera.”
Others quickly followed, with one pointing out that Reeves risked pausing the production if he’d injured himself carrying the heavy equipment.
While another user added: “What he did was amazing. But we have to be careful because if he gets hurt, the shooting will stop. Because everyone is looking forward to his movie.”
Unsurprisingly though, others have come to his defence – including one of his co-stars.
Commenting on the short clip, Ki Lenice wrote that the Matrix actor had been incredibly kind whilst working on the set.
She wrote: “Literally the kindest man ever. Was amazing to work with him.”
While another fan pointed out: His character in real life might be his best one."
This is why we love you, Keanu!
The fourth entry into the franchise picks up the pace, as Reeves reprises his role as retired hitman John Wick who, as always, is out for revenge.
As the price on his head continues to increase, Wick is once again pitted against the shadowy High Table and must form new alliances to stop the underground organisation.
It could possibly be one of the final outings for the character, as Reeves revealed that he will only return for a fifth film if audiences react well.
He told Total Film: "You have to see how the audience responds to what we did. The only reason we've had a chance to make these movies is that people have liked what we have done. So I think we have to wait and see…”.
Nevertheless, the 58-year-old actor shouldn’t be so concerned.
After being released on March 24, the film has gained a near-perfect score on Rotten Tomatoes with a 95 percent fresh rating.
Featured Image Credit: Twitter/@Todd_Spence
Topics: Keanu Reeves, TV and Film, John Wick, Celebrity, Twitter