Met Police Responds To 900,000 People ‘Attending’ Christmas Day Rave At Downing Street
| Last updated
The Met Police have allegedly responded to a message on their Instagram account asking if they had been made aware of the 900,000 people 'attending' a Christmas Day rave party at Downing Street.
Tens of thousands of people want to attend a Christmas rave event at 10 Downing St that is being advertised on Facebook.
The joke event has been set up in response to the allegation that a small gathering was held at Number 10 last year despite there being a nationwide lockdown.
However, someone apparently DM @metpolice_uk about the supposed rave.
They wrote: "Hey Guys! Giving you a heads up on a relatively small rave happening on 24th Dec at 10 Downing St.
"Feel free to turn off your body cams and scanners and get absolutely t***ted with us.
"(we won't grass on yer)"
The Met police allegedly replied: "We have already been made aware of this.
One user commented: "Christmas rave has had me laughing all day .. bloody brilliant love it !"
Someone else joked: "They will be there in number, it's to big a risk for them to risk it."
"I read that reply as 'Roger that, we'll be there and we'll bring the sherbet'," another added.
Senior Downing Street staff have been caught on camera joking about the alleged Christmas party and the video has now finally been released, causing widespread outrage in the UK.
So, one person has taken it upon themselves to invite some of their friends the London landmark for a party.
They've created a Facebook event called CHRISTMAS RAVE and revealed that Boris Johnson 'and chums' will be headlining the event.
"No social distancing required," the event on Facebook says. "Bring Who you like. Bring your own Nibbles and drink."
It seems like the event is very popular with Brits as almost 1,000,000 people are interested.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has apologised to the public over the video that showed staff joking about last year's alleged Christmas party.
Speaking at Prime Minister's Questions two days ago (December 7), Johnson said he understood the public's outrage at the clip, and that he was 'furious' himself.
He also said that a full internal investigation would be conducted into what happened, and those found to have acted inappropriately would face consequences.
ITV broadcast the damning video, which showed Boris Johnson's then spokesperson Allegra Stratton laughing as she said there was 'definitely no social distancing' and that it was 'a business meeting'.