Advert

Latest

Donald Trump Tells Joe Biden To 'Get Well Soon' After Fracturing Foot
published at31 minutes ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Bizarre Video Shows Sushi Glowing Blue 'Due To Bacteria'

Bizarre Video Shows Sushi Glowing Blue 'Due To Bacteria'

Disturbing footage shows sushi glowing fluorescent blue, but it didn't put off one man who tucked into it anyway.

Arun Yolpaiboon, 58 and her son Natthanai Kanchanawasa, 21, from Nonthaburi in Thailand, filmed a clip of their three boxes of sushi last Tuesday before reacting in shock when they saw that some pieces were glowing up.

In the clip Natthanai can be seen holding up one of the shrimps, which he had boiled, to show off its unusual hue before eating it. Fair play, ballsy move that.

Advert

Perhaps surprisingly, Natthanai says he's suffered no ill effects after eating the glowing bit of seafood.

Credit: Newsflare
Credit: Newsflare

He said: "It was strange to see a glowing shrimp like this since we like to eat the sushi regularly. We could have eaten it without realising had it not changed colour.

"Luckily, I have not had any strange symptoms after eating it but perhaps it was because it was boiled."

Advert

The mother and son were confused by the glowing sushi they decided to contact an expert to find out what was going on.

The associate professor of biology at Chulalongkorn University PhD Jessada Denduangboripant said it was glowing that way as it had not been stored at a low enough temperature and that means it had become contaminated with fluorescent bacteria. Delicious...

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
News

Three Dublin sushi restaurants found to be operating takeaways from someone’s gaff

The professor said: "Normally, the seafood can be contaminated with fluorescent bacteria but they are eradicated by heat in the cooking process.

"But in sushi the seafoods are mostly uncooked so they should be kept in very low temperatures to limit the bacteria numbers.

Advert
Credit: Newsflare
Credit: Newsflare
Community

Woman Shows Off Bizarre 'Hack' To Cook Vegetables In The Dishwasher

published at7 days ago

"I believe the shrimps on the sushi might not have been kept under a sufficiently low temperature which caused the amount of bacteria to increase."

He also warned against eating glowing sushi - did you hear that, Natthanai?

He explained: "There are various possible bacteria on the shrimp and it needs to be examined before it is safe to consume otherwise the consumer might suffer from food poisoning."

Advert

Meanwhile, mum Arun has said the whole thing has been an eye-opener for her.

She said: "This is a surprise lesson for me and it will affect my decision next time when I'm choosing what food to buy.

"I think I have to be more careful or I could suffer from digestion infections or food poisoning.''

Featured Image Credit: Newsflare

Topics: Food, World News, Weird

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Boris Johnson Says People Who Test Negative For Covid-19 Could Be Released From Tier 3 Restrictions
published at4 days ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Pensioner Jailed For Playing Music Too Loud Dies Aged 83

published atan hour ago

Claire Reid

Claire is a journalist at LADbible who, after dossing around for a few years, went to Liverpool John Moores University. She graduated with a degree in Journalism and a whole load of debt. When not writing words in exchange for money she is usually at home watching serial killer documentaries surrounded by cats. You can contact Claire at editorial@ladbible.com