| Last updated
A man's penis has been left permanently disfigured after he got it stuck in a padlock... for two weeks. Yikes.
The 38-year-old man, from Bangkok, Thailand, was reportedly bored at home one day during lockdown when he decided it would be a terrific idea to insert his penis into the lock.
Sadly, however, it didn't have the desired result, as he lost the key. And over the coming days, his willy started to swell and became infected.
The man's mother, who reportedly tried her best to help him, eventually phoned the emergency services, and a team of firefighters arrived to free him.
However, unable to do so, the man was then rushed to hospital, where medics again attempted to break the lad's manhood free from its penile prison.
The man's mother said: "My son is a private person and he doesn't have a girlfriend. He has been staying at home a lot during the pandemic because he is worried about going out.
"He told me he did this because he was bored and he likes putting his 'thing' through small holes. I was angry at him for embarrassing me like this and I've told him not to do it again."
Rescue officer Thongchai Donson had received the mother's emergency call but said the injury was 'worse than they expected' and he was taken to the nearest hospital.
Doctors spent over half-an-hour on the man's trapped penis, using an electric cutter to slice through the lock, as well as a sheet of metal and water as lubrication to help protect him.
According to reports, the man was later given antibiotics to help with the infection, but doctors say his manhood will never be the same.
And his story is being made public to prevent others from experiencing the same thing.
Mr Donson said: "We received the emergency call and did not know the full details, so we were surprised when we arrived.
"It was worse than we thought. If the padlock had stayed on for any longer, the infection could have been so bad that his penis would have started to rot and get gangrene.
"In the hospital, he was in pain and screaming so loudly because it was so swollen.
"Removing the metal was very difficult.
"We can't give the man's name but we want to make the news public to prevent other people from doing this kind of thing.
"It can be very dangerous and damage the body."
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read