Dog Owners Warned Of Tennis Balls With Razor Blades In Them
Pet owners have been issued a warning after a dog walker found a tennis ball that had a razor blade inside it.
Posting the horrific image, the person wrote: "This ball containing a new razor blade inside was picked up by my dogs in the reeds adjacent to the Knott car park at the far end of Lyme Park at 6.00 pm 24th May.
"It has been doctored by someone who evidently has malevolent intentions towards dogs. My puppies carried it back to the car and chewed it up. We found this vicious razor blade inside.
"The pond life responsible may use poison or there may be more doctored balls in the vicinity. The police and the rangers at Lyme Park have been informed and have assigned an incident number IML410822. Please let them know of any further developments.
"Please be vigilant - my dogs just found this old ball set [sic] in the reeds hidden for them to find. I even threw it for them! I can't bear to think of the consequences."
People have shared their disgust on social media, with many saying it's not the first time that dogs have been 'targeted' in such a way.
One Facebook user wrote: "This is disgusting. Along with the increase in poisoned meat/bones being reported. What the hell is wrong with people that they would want to harm any dog especially in this disgusting barbaric way!! I really hope those responsible are caught."
Another said: "Sandra thank god you spotted it it's terrible what humans will do to these poor animals thank god your dog is OK. Scum bags."
Someone else posted: "It's happened elsewhere where I walk my dogs. I know at least 3 that have needed vets treatment including one of mine broken bottles pushed into the mud, baited balls - not heard about any with blades in yet but wouldn't surprise me."
With another member of the group saying: "What the hell is wrong with people?? Who does that?? My dog regularly finds a stray ball (and loses a few!) and we let him play with it!! May have to think twice in future."
Police are now investigating the incident, and although no official warning has been issued from them, it's probably best to check anything your dog picks up on a walk.
Featured Image Credit: Facebook/Stockport Crime Watch
Topics: uk news