Woman Left Looking 'Like Worzel Gummidge' Due To Fake Tan Fail
A woman hoping to give herself a lovely bronze glow ended up looking like 'Worzel Gummidge' thanks to a fake tan fail.
Thirty-eight-year-old Janice Evans decided she wanted to boost her complexion with fake tan, so she popped out to the shops to get a bottle.
This is where it all went wrong for Janice, because once in the shop, she decided to get a shade darker than she usually wears and picked up a £2.99 bottle of St Moriz Darker Than Dark - now let me tell you, that name is not an exaggeration.
Explaining the situation, Janice, from Nelson in Lancashire, said: "I went for a bottle one shade darker than I usually buy, thinking it would give me a really nice tan.
"But after just a couple of minutes it was really dark. I thought that was it, but it just got darker."
Yep, the clue was in the name and instead of sun-kissed glow, poor Janice was left with a dark brown colour, that almost looked green in a certain light. Just what you want, eh?
Seeing that the colour didn't look right, Janice got three colours and smothered herself in baby oil in an attempt to shift the tan, but it wouldn't budge and three days later she was 'bright orange'.
Janice said: "All my mates have been taking the mick. They said I looked like Worzel Gummidge, especially with the hair." Bit harsh.
More Like ThisMore Like This
The mum-of-four said her kids have banned her from taking them to school until the colour wears of.
Janice says in future she will be sticking to her lighter shade of tanning lotion. Probably for the best, mate.
Of course, Janice isn't the first person to come a cropper of fake tan. Last year, tan-fan Jessica Clarke said she was left looking like a 'mahogany table' after slapping some fake tan.
While it started out OK, it quickly became clear the tan was much darker than she expected.
Jessica, from Tyne and Wear, said: "When I looked in the mirror the next morning it looked terrible. I couldn't see my face, I was just eyes and teeth. I took a picture and sent it to friends who were pretty shocked but then laughed.
"I had a bath and thought I'd try and soak it off, it didn't go well. The water went completely black, I was in there about half an hour trying to scrub it off.
"I was due at college so I had to go in as I didn't want to miss my classes. I was a bit nervous about going in and walking around college the colour I was.
"I looked like a mahogany dining room table, it was terrible. My skin was just a really dark wood effect."
Featured Image Credit: Triangle News
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read