• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

Woman Ends Up With Third Degree Burns After Attempt To Spice Up Sex Life Goes Wrong

Tom Wood

Published 
| Last updated 

Woman Ends Up With Third Degree Burns After Attempt To Spice Up Sex Life Goes Wrong

Featured Image Credit: TLC

A woman ended up in hospital with third degree burns after she and her partner attempted to spice up their sex life by melting down a giant gummy bear.

The problem being, gummy bears are made entirely of sugar, and melted sugar simply sticks to skin and burns.

It's not exactly something to be used for setting the mood for love.

However, that's exactly what this couple did.

Speaking on TLC's Sex Sent Me To The ER, the couple - called Josi and Michael - recounted their gummy bear tale.

They re-enacted the scene on the show. Credit: TLC
They re-enacted the scene on the show. Credit: TLC

They explained how they'd previously experimented with candle wax and enjoyed it so much that they decided to get some hot food involved in their sex life.

However, when Michael poured the hot liquid sugar onto his partner's chest, it simply started burning her really badly.

Josi explained: "It was hot - in my head I'm comparing it to things like candle wax and I'm like, 'It's going to instantly start cooling down.'

"My chest was on fire."

Then things took a turn for the worse.

Michael, in an attempt to ease his lover's pain, started trying to lick the sugar off her.

Bad idea.

He burned his mouth, and Josi's skin started to peel off.

They rushed off to the emergency room where it was determined that Josi had suffered from third degree burns.

Dr Jordan Moskoff said: "Burns are relatively common in the ER, they're relatively uncommon self-inflicted like this.

"I've never seen someone purposefully burn themselves with molten gummy candy."

Josi's burns took ages to heal. Credit: TLC
Josi's burns took ages to heal. Credit: TLC

It took several months for Josi's wound to heal, and eventually she was left with a scar on her chest as a reminder of the dangers of messing about with liquid sugar.

Now, they put a bit of extra research into whatever they decide to bring into the bedroom.

Michael added: "For both of us it really was humbling to say the least.

"We do make sure to do a bit more thorough research into our endeavours."

On the plus side, they're both OK now, and they have learned a valuable lesson about trying something that sounds fun, but is actually really dangerous.

That's why the internet exists, folks.

Topics: Food, TV and Film, Weird

Tom Wood
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Ian Brown issues savage response to fan following gig backlash

7 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

History made as NASA smashes £300m spaceship into asteroid at 15,000mph

2 hours ago