• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now

Teenager Dies After Being Pulled Into Machine At Sausage Factory

| Last updated 

Teenager Dies After Being Pulled Into Machine At Sausage Factory


An 18-year-old worker has died after being pulled head-first into a meat mixing machine at a factory in the Philippines.

Local authorities are still waiting for autopsy results to establish the exact cause of death of the teenager, who has been identified as Jomar Junco.

He had reportedly started working with the sausage company just two weeks ago, having taken up a role at the factory in the district of La Paz in the city of Iloilo in the western Philippine province of the same name.

Credit: AsiaWire
Credit: AsiaWire

According to police spokesperson Jerwin Servano, the young worker caught his right arm in the meat mixer and was then dragged into the machine.

Reports said that the accident took place at around 7.30am and the emergency services arrived on the scene about 9am.

Some local media outlets have reported that Junco was dragged inside a meat grinder.


However, a spokesperson from the Porras Funeral Home, where the victim's body is being kept, said that it was a meat mixing machine.

Funeral director Ardee Porras said that Junco's body was still intact when it was taken out of the mixer. She believes it may be possible that the victim suffocated in the machine.

According to reports, the machine was apparently switched on at the time, and continued to drag Junco inside after he first caught his right arm.

Colleague Carl David Carlos turned off the machine when Junco's top half was already inside the mixer.


The local police believe the teen's death was an accident and there were no signs of foul play.

Recently, a man in the United States also 'almost died' after getting stuck in a slaughter processing line.


The man was taking part in an animal rights protest in Petaluma's Reichardt Duck Farm in California, where he and others secured themselves to machinery with u-locks - only for things to take a worrying turn when the conveyor line suddenly started moving.


Posting the footage on social media, Direct Action Everywhere wrote: "Watch the groundbreaking mission where activists locked themselves to the machinery of a massive duck slaughterhouse - and one activist almost died."

Speaking to ABC7, Chiang said the machine was 'almost decapitating my head from my neck'.

He said: "I was feeling my life leave my body as I was struggling to get out of that lock."

Thankfully, he managed to escape from the lock, before being taken to hospital by an ambulance.

Featured Image Credit: AsiaWire

Topics: World News, News

Jess Hardiman
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You


Olivia Newton-John has died aged 73

4 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Olivia Newton-John has died aged 73

4 hours ago