Advert

Latest

Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Reveals Gender Of Her Third Child On Instagram
published at19 minutes ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Man Dies After Consuming Too Much Caffeine

Man Dies After Consuming Too Much Caffeine

A man died after consuming too much caffeine, an inquest has heard.

Lukasz Sandelewski, a welder, was found unresponsive in his room in a shared house after his mother became concerned and got in touch with his housemate last December.

A coroner concluded that the 36-year-old, who lived in Peterborough, died by 'misadventure' after he was found with a blood caffeine concentration of 282 micrograms per millilitre of blood. Anything above 80 micrograms per millilitre of blood can be fatal, the inquest heard.

It wasn't made clear how Mr Sandelewski consumed the caffeine but the hearing was told his room was 'very cluttered with lots of empty drinking vessels on the floor', Cambridgeshire Live reports.

Advert

Cambridgeshire assistant coroner Sean Horstead said: "Lukasz Sandelewski was found deceased at his home address.

Lukasz Sandelewski died from a caffeine overdose (stock image). Credit: Pixabay
Lukasz Sandelewski died from a caffeine overdose (stock image). Credit: Pixabay

"It's unclear how or by what means the deceased consumed very significant levels of caffeine but caffeine toxicity is the cause of his death.

"His death was the unintended consequence of a deliberate act. He deliberately consumed a significant and fatal quantity of caffeine but I'm satisfied the consequences of that weren't intended by him."

Advert

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
Man Dies After Getting Stuck In Water Park Support Pipe
News

Man Dies After Getting Stuck In Water Park Support Pipe

He said there was no evidence to suggest that Mr Sandelewski intended to end his life.

The night before his death, Mr Sandelewski had returned home from work at around 1am and was heard talking on the phone 'through the night'.

Horstead told the inquest: "The following evening, the evening of December 5, one of the housemates received a message on Facebook from Lukasz's mother asking to check where he was as she called him and didn't get a response.

Credit: PA
Credit: PA
Advert

"The housemate then went to his room and found him apparently deceased. He contacted the police."

Alongside the caffeine in his system, Mr Sandelewski was found to have 112 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood in his system when he died.

The inquest heard that while this would have placed him over the drink-drive limit of 80 milligrams it would not have done so 'dramatically'. Horstead added that it was 'a level of intoxication but nothing more'.

The assistant coroner offered his 'sincerest, heartfelt condolences' to the man's family and loved ones.

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: UK News

Claire Reid

Claire is a journalist at LADbible who, after dossing around for a few years, went to Liverpool John Moores University. She graduated with a degree in Journalism and a whole load of debt. When not writing words in exchange for money she is usually at home watching serial killer documentaries surrounded by cats. You can contact Claire at [email protected]