Toddler Covers £1,600 TV In Nappy Cream After Being Left Alone For Five Minutes
Being a parent is a full-time job, particularly when you've got little ones - just ask Sarah Wruck.
The mum-of-four, from Maryborough, Queensland, Australia, left her two-year-old son Eli and his little brother Ben, one, alone in the living room for five minutes while she went to the kitchen to start preparing tea on Sunday 5 January.
However, after hearing giggles emanating around the house, she returned to the living room to find that Eli had been 'painting' their £1,600 (AU $3,000) TV.
The 34-year-old - who is also mum to Oliver, 13, and Noah, eight - was shocked further when she realised what Eli had used for 'paint'.
She said: "They were both happily together in the living room watching a movie when I got up to start making dinner.
"I could hear that they were really quiet, and I know that when they're quiet something is going on. I asked them what they were doing, and I heard 'I'm painting!' and I just thought, 'oh no'.
"Their dad had left the nappy cream on the change table nearby, and Eli had gotten into it and smothered himself and the television with it.
More Like This
"When I saw what happened, I screamed for my partner. He couldn't believe it.
"I was experiencing a combination of laughing and crying. I couldn't believe how much damage he'd done in such a little amount of time. I'd been gone less than five minutes."
The cream took more than an hour to remove, with Ms Wruck using dry cloths, detergent and glass cleaner to scrub it all off.
Mercifully, with the help of the aforementioned cleaning products and a bit of elbow grease, the TV worked as normal - but Ms Wruck will be keeping the nappy cream stashed away from now on.
She said: "He loves art. He scribbled on the walls before with
markers, and to him this was 'painting' and he seemed very proud of what he'd
"Nappy cream seems to be one of those things that toddlers just love to get into, I have no idea why.
"My partner took Eli and started wiping him off with tissues and then gave him a bath. I cleaned the TV, it wiped off with some dry cloth and then some dishwashing detergent followed by glass cleaner. It was over an hour of cleaning and I had no idea if it would work or not.
"Luckily, it turned on and everything was fine. But we'll put the cream up a bit higher from now on. You just never know with kids, and from what I've learned silence is the most dangerous thing."
Featured Image Credit: Caters