Advert

Another TikTok User Put Gorilla Glue In Her Hair Despite Warnings

Published 

Another TikTok User Put Gorilla Glue In Her Hair Despite Warnings

You'd think after hearing seemingly non-stop about the woman who put Gorilla Glue in her hair, you would avoid putting that product anywhere near your body.

But it seems like another person has chucked it in their hair with similarly disastrous results.

Loading…

Avani Reyes uploaded a video of herself to TikTok showing her red hair was glued down so hard that a brush couldn't even get into individual strands.

Advert

In a different video she looked horrified before taking a shower to try and get rid of the super strength adhesive and claimed it was an accident.

How you accidentally put a glue that caused serious pain for Tessica Brown for a month is beyond us, but it's clear that Avani needed medical help for her hair predicament.

She tried to use coconut oil on her hair, however that did nothing to remove the glue.

Credit: Avani Reyes/TikTok
Credit: Avani Reyes/TikTok
Advert

She's since set up a GoFundMe page to raise enough money to help pay for her treatment at a hospital, which could involve surgery to get rid of the adhesive.

One generous donor allegedly coughed up $3,000 to go towards the treatment and Avani revealed she would be flying to Los Angeles to get a solution to her problem.

She told her followers on TikTok: "You guys know it's definitely been a journey with this Gorilla Glue. It's been crazy, so thank you so much."

It follows an absolutely viral journey of a woman named Tessica who captured the world's attention with her Gorilla Glue issue.

Advert

Ms Brown, from Louisiana, hit headlines last week after she revealed she had used the super-strength glue on her hair a month ago instead of hairspray.

The 40-year-old put up with the pain until she realised enough was enough and went to hospital, where medics applied acetone to try and help shift the adhesive.

Loading…

But unfortunately for Brown, that didn't work either and she ended up with burns on her scalp due to the solution.

Advert

After spotting her unusual and unfortunate predicament, Los Angeles-based cosmetic surgeon Dr Michael Obeng offered to help fix the problem for free and Brown grateful took him up on his offer.

Dr Obeng used a mixture made of medical-grade glue remover, a combination of aloe vera and olive oil and a small amount of acetone.

After testing the £9,030 ($12,500) treatment out on a dummy head first, Dr Obeng applied the solution to Brown before he set about her barnet with scissors and tweezers to try and gently prise apart the matted hair and glue and cutting away any hardened area of glue.

Advert

Although it sounds fairly straightforward, the procedure took around four hours, according to the Metro, and Brown had to given anaesthesia to help cope with the pain.

Featured Image Credit: Avani Reyes/TikTok

Topics: News

Stewart Perrie
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Dominic Cummings Releases WhatsApp Messages Appearing To Show Boris Johnson Calling Matt Hancock 'Hopeless'

6 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Having Sex Could Help Alleviate Hay Fever Symptoms

6 hours ago