To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
Featured Image Credit: Lukie Mc/YouTube
Theme parks are an exciting way to spend a day, whether it be on rollercoaster rides, soaking up Disney regalia, reading interesting facts about dinosaurs or, and bare with me here, looking at a giant shark sitting in a tub of formaldehyde.
Yeah, that's a thing.
But this isn't some kind of Deep Blue Sea style shark that could eventually break out and terrorise the neighbourhood, this one is well and truly dead.
It begs the question though why it's there.
According to Vice, Bruce (for all you Finding Nemo fans out there) was caught in 1998 off South Australia and brought into an 'ecotourism centre'.
Sadly, it seems as though the centre bit off more than it could chew and abandoned plans to expand to showcase more marine life, meaning it fell into disrepair.
Vice adds that the park was then taken over to preserve the Giant Gippsland Earthworm, which is a strange thing. But the final nail in the coffin was an upgraded highway with no turn off, meaning the park's potential visitors dropped dramatically.
A YouTuber recently visited the park, claiming that it was officially closed in 2012 because the owners couldn't get a license to showcase animals, alive or dead.
One person commented on the clip saying: "It's honestly really fascinating to see this. It's so eerie but the fact that no one has touched it yet. Baffles me.
"You're for one brave as all hell going in there cause god knows I wouldn't. But wow."
Apparently once word got around that there was a five metre long shark just chilling in a tank for anyone to see, people took the piss and nearly destroyed it.
There's a video floating around of someone throwing a TV into the tank and using a hammer to try and smash the glass.
Thankfully they didn't succeed but if they had the joke would have been on them.
The U.S. government's Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry says formaldehyde can cause 'general damage to the central nervous system, such as increased prevalence of headache, depression, mood changes, insomnia, irritability, attention deficit, and impairment of dexterity, memory, and equilibrium'.
Yeah not a fun experience. So they're lucky their little hammer excursion didn't go to completion because not only would they likely be covered in a giant shark but they'd also have serious health consequences.
So if you're keen to see the beast of the ocean without the fear of it biting you then check it out.