Conor McGregor Appears To Have Announced His UFC Comeback On Twitter
| Last updated
Conor McGregor appears to have announced a date for his UFC comeback - and it's in Ireland.
The Irishman took to Twitter to write: "Dublin, December 14th."
McGregor hasn't stepped foot in the octagon since his defeat to lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov last October, but following this announcement on his social media page, it appears as though he may have hinted at a possible date for his long-awaited return.
Dublin, December 14th.
- Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) September 16, 2019
It's been rumoured for some time that 'the Notorious' has wanted to fight in Ireland, with Dublin the obvious choice.
Back in 2016, the UFC vice-president at the time, James Elliott, revealed that McGregor had asked for a fight in his native country.
Elliott said: "Croke Park and the Aviva Stadium are two places that we've looked at, we've made no secret about that.
"Conor has certainly made no secret about the fact that he wants to fight in Dublin.
"It's something that's on the agenda."
McGregor's cryptic tweet comes just a few days after Justin Gaethje, a possible opponent, KO'd Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone - another of the 31-year-old's potential suitors.
After the fight, Gaethje said he would 'love to' get in the cage with the former Lightweight champion.
The American said: "I want to f*** him up. Far as I know, he's retired. He's in the rankings, so he either fights or he gets out.
"I absolutely would love to fight him."
And while it doesn't look like the December bout will be the rematch between McGregor and Khabib that everyone wants, UFC President Dana White did admit earlier this month that Khabib - McGregor Two would 'make a lot of sense'.
According to The Daily Mail, he said: "Tony Ferguson gets the next shot, and obviously, if for whatever reason Tony can't take the fight or doesn't want to fight at that time, then we would figure out what's next. But yeah, Conor would make a lot of sense.
"Conor McGregor wants that fight really badly, and I'm sure the fans would want to see it. So we'll see how this whole thing plays out."
Their last fight ended in chaos when a victorious Khabib left the ring and tried to get to one of McGregor's entourage, Dillon Danis.
Meanwhile several of Khabib's team invaded the octagon to attack the Irishman.
Three men were arrested following the fight, but McGregor decided not to press charges.
I guess we'll have to wait and see as to whether the pair can come to an agreement and step back into the cage to face one another.
Featured Image Credit: PA
Topics: Conor Mcgregor, UFC, Twitter, MMA