To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
A fortune teller who predicts the future using asparagus has revealed her tips for 2022 and they include some Royal scandals as well as Boris Johnson continuing as Prime Minister.
Jemima Packington - better known as 'Mystic Veg' - is the world's only 'Asparamancer' and claims she can peer into the future by tossing spears in the air and interpreting how they land.
If you needed convincing that the 65-year-old is the real deal it's worth noting that she correctly predicted Brexit, Prince Philip's death, Theresa May being ousted as PM and Harry and Meghan stepping back from the Royal Family.
Jemima believes that in 2022 Boris Johnson will continue as Prime Minister as well as more sadness for the Royal Family, including 'scandals and worse'. The mind boggles...
She has also predicted Keir Starmer will not continue as leader of the Labour Party and the unexpected demise of some showbiz legends.
In the world of sport, Jemima says Man City will not be crowned Premier League champions but Man United will be dark horses (my mum will be pleased) and Croatia will win the World Cup.
The West Indies will win the Cricket World Cup in Australia while England’s women's rugby team can expect 'terrific success' at their World Cup in New Zealand.
Jemima, from Bath in Somerset, began making predictions aged eight-years-old and said she inherited the gift from her elderly aunt who used to read tea leaves.
She said: "My technique has not changed and I still cast the asparagus spears and interpret the patterns in them.
“Seeing the patterns for me is instantaneous, possibly that is because I’ve had years of practice.
"I am usually about 75-90 per cent accurate with my predictions. I go through my predictions each year and think: 'Yep, that's happened, yep, that's happened'.
"Occasionally I get one slightly off, where I haven't quite read it correctly, but I'm never far off.
“I predicted Boris Johnson would become Prime Minister about four years before he did and everyone laughed their socks off."
Jemima doesn't use any old asparagus, she uses fresh Worcestershire asparagus grown in the Vale of Evesham - the UK's main supplier of the vegetable.
Earlier this year, after tossing the greens, she predicted Christmas celebrations would be modest affair which was the case in many households as Omicron took hold.
Last year she predicted more royal births and a bereavement and was proven right when the Sussexes announced Meghan was pregnant with their second child and Prince Philip passed away.
In 2019 she correctly predicted cricket success for England, Big Brother returning to our screens and US romantic musical A Star is Born winning an Oscar.
She also foresaw the closure of household British businesses including Thomas Cook and Mothercare. I just wish she could have let me know before getting stuck in Florida.
Jemima's 2022 predictions:
1. Despite all the bad press, Boris Johnson will continue as Prime Minister.
2. Covid and all its variants will be with us forever but everyone will learn to adapt and not let it get the better of us.
3. A brand new way of living will become the norm - working from home etc but people will no longer accept shoddy services hiding behind the guise of the pandemic.
4. Entertainment and sports venues will find ways to progress whilst keeping everyone safe.
5. More sadness for the Royal Family; scandals and worse.
6. We will be shocked at the news of the unexpected demise of showbiz legends.
7. A review of the Nation’s Educational Standards will be carried out to make sure no child is left behind. More emphasis on vocational training will be introduced.
8. A return to times when foreign travel was an exotic luxury will be experienced. It will no longer be a regular occurrence and travel prices will reflect this.
9. The British economy will rally and it will become a beacon of achievement amongst those countries unable to get to grips with their own economies.
10. Tense times will continue on the international front but conflicts will be avoided.
11. Adaptability will become the by word in the leisure and service industries; they will embrace the change in peoples habits, and will survive stronger than ever.
12. Sir Keir Starmer will not continue as leader of the Labour Party in a shock twist.
13. Sadly climate change will continue and fewer countries will be active in its reversal.
14. Re-Cycling and Up-Cycling will be the new fashion. there will be less waste of any sort. Barter will become a new trend.
15. Agriculture will progress well, and Vale of Evesham asparagus will continue to be recognised as the world’s best. Lucky for Jemima.
16. Croatia will win the Football World Cup 2022 but the competition will still be beset by controversy.
17. Manchester City won't win the Premiership but watch out for Manchester United.
18. West Indies will be the surprise winners of the Cricket World Cup in Australia.
19. England’s Womens Rugby team will have terrific success at their World Cup in New Zealand.
20. The Oscar for Best Film will go to The Power Of The Dog and Benedict Cumberbatch will be nominated for Best Actor.
So there we have it. Try and surprise us, 2022.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read